Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Double Bass For Sale - REDUCED - Romanian 3/4 with bow and case - £1100

Just bought this from Tim Toft Violins a month ago and just haven't got the time or space to devote to it! I paid £1790 (have reciept) for bass, Permanbuco bow, tuner and case. I have the option to return it but would be just as happy to have someone collect it and save themselves a few quid! I also bought a stand and some beginner's bass books afterwards and will throw them in - looking for £1500.
Steve

Edited by Steve Spector

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='TheRev' timestamp='1368552554' post='2078487']
Is it fully carved or solid top with laminate back and sides?
[/quote]

It was sold to me as carved, I assume that means all over? Sorry, I'm not an expert! I just thought that as it cost me £1790 from Tim Tofft not including ther stand and books there'd be a few bites of interest at £1300 :mellow: ...I just don't have time to play it now and it's shame to have it sitting there.
Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Tim Toft should tell you what make and model this is or is it on the receipt ?The bow has a stamp on it but I can't read it in the picture can you tell me what make it is ? Would you sell the bow on it's own ?

Thanks

I don't think the bass has a model as it's so old - just made in Romania in the 60s I think they said - and a jump up in quality from the current Chinese offerings, especially now they have put on their own bridge and good strings. The bow says G.Werner on it, and yes I might be prepared to sell it on its own.
Thanks,
Steve