Why become a member? ×

ZOOM B3 queries.

YehItsRyan

I've got a couple of queries regarding the zoom b3.

I'm mainly looking to add a delay and a chorus pedal to my line up. I already have a KORG floor tuner, boss odb-3 and big muff pi at my disposal.

The main reason for asking is would the ZOOM B3 make the pedals I already have redundant or could there still be a use for them. I do like the idea of having a wider range of effects at my disposal when playing live and the cost of buying 2 pedals would substantiate to around about the cost of the B3.

MB1.
A lot of people who've bought the zoom B3 have sold there additional pedals on here.
The B3 has a lot of effects available and a easy effect editing process.once you've got into editing patches, and making your own I'd say the B3
should make your other pedals pretty much redundant!.

Whilst the models on the B3 are pretty good, they don't sound the same as the pedals they're based on.
The Bass Big Muff model is very close to the EHX pedal, but there's quite a difference between the ODB-3 pedal and the modelled version.

I kept my BBM when I got the B3 and have since picked up an ODB-3.

I have said, in a previous thread, that in a full band situation you'd not notice the difference. But there's certainly a difference in the ODB-3 .

As I use the B3 on one loop of an LS-2 the tuner mute is pointless, so I still use a Polytune at the front of the signal path.

The ODB and BBM are in the other loop BTW, both loops run at the same time.

Edited by bartelby