Why become a member? ×

What's In Your Hardcase.....Strap Attached?

spongebob

[quote name='lettsguitars' timestamp='1359988581' post='1963009']
You had hypnotherapy to forget the whole thing, and then changed your number apparently. :)
[/quote]

makes sense now.
I only use the plastic bags to wind up people who are easily wound up.
I have proper cases.
I like to turn up to gigs with my '56 Hofner in a bin bag, that always amuses....
:)

[quote name='rushbo' timestamp='1359988968' post='1963022']
My old singer/guitarist used to do that. He would then go through all the mathematically possible permutations of assembling his three pedals in a working order. This could take 30 minutes. It got so bad, at the end of one rehearsal, I grabbed his plastic bag (or "the flightcase" as we dubbed it) told him I was making him a board for him and he could have them back nect week. One piece of MDF, a few cable clips, half an hours work and three cable ties later -problem sorted.

I have a Hiscox case which houses my lovely Mexi Jazz bass, old spare strings, a crappy 'emergency' lead and pen and paper. My strap stays on. In my effects flight case (slightly bigger than one of those Maplins photograpy cases) are my FX , 'decent' leads and my power cable.

Always be ready to boogie, that's my motto.
[/quote]
[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1359990717' post='1963062']
makes sense now.
I only use the plastic bags to wind up people who are easily wound up.
I have proper cases.
I like to turn up to gigs with my '56 Hofner in a bin bag, that always amuses....
:)
[/quote]
The singer/guitarist then proceeded to turn up with his new pedal board in a bin bag?

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1359980305' post='1962769']

That's not a case................ it's a Tardis!
[/quote]
Oops I nearly forgot, there's a Sonic Screwdriver somewhere in there too. And a tea towel for the groupies to mop my brow with...

Edited by RandomBass

[quote name='bigjohn' timestamp='1359994122' post='1963159']
I fit my strap in my Hiscox case, it's it one of these :

So doesn't roll. It's a faff, and I have to do the same thing when using my Fender SKB case too.

It's doable though. Leaves enough room in the cubby hole for a spare lead, tuner, spare strings and a screwdriver.
[/quote]

How do you make that fit?

All my leads live in the back of my rack case so they are always connected save my guitar lead

I have a hiscox,liteflite case and my bass always has its strapped remove that's folded up and placed behind the headstock. There's enough room and it adds a little bit of absorption.

I then cover my bass in a large bar towel (Guinness of course)

If I don't carry my rack case I use a small tool box. Always wrap my leads up and put a bit of electricians tape round to stop the cable gremlins.

If travelling on public transport just use a ruksak and apply the tape around leads method.

Life is better without a tangle

Edited by ZenBasses

[quote name='lettsguitars' timestamp='1359991620' post='1963088']
The singer/guitarist then proceeded to turn up with his new pedal board in a bin bag?
[/quote]

I wouldn't have minded him bringing the thing in a My Little Pony lunchbox as long as it cut his faffaround time to single figures....

In my case, apart from my Stingray, I have 3 straps, one with strap locks fitted, the other 2 without. Also have the original strap buttons, screws and screwdriver just in case!
Also have a spare set of strings, clip on tuner, in ears, my wireless bug and a 2m Klotz lead.
Since putting everything in a rack, I can literally plug in to the wall, connect the cab up, switch on the bug and I'm ready to go.

Having said that, I still have 2 metal cases full of spare cables, tape, paracetamol, batteries etc

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1359996639' post='1963222']
How do you make that fit?
[/quote]

Roll the long end and put it in the gap next to the top horn, lay the shoulder piece over the cubby hole, fold the shorter end of the strap and put it under the headstock. I do it without thinking now, so it's not a problem, it pisses me off though when I think I'm packed and then I see my strap lying there unpacked :) Or when I've got to do it all over again because I've not packed something else. Grrr!

Edited by bigjohn

My mum and dad got me a gig bag which is really a big leather sports holdall with various pockets. Its fab and holds all my spares - straps, tuners, strings, screwdrivers, batteries, leads, set lists, mascots and emergency ciggy papers. Had it for a few years and still going strong.

Gig bag for me

And inside it along with the bass are -

2 packs of old boiled strings
1 multi coloured furry strap with dunlop locks on it
A stiff T shirt that's been there for at least 18 months
1 pink tambourine
2 PP3s , neither of which work
What I thought was a printed off set list but turned out to be a permit to work on a roof using arrester gear

and - most important....
A WKD promotional pair of flashing specs

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1360010993' post='1963601']
Gig bag for me

And inside it along with the bass are -

2 packs of old boiled strings
1 multi coloured furry strap with dunlop locks on it
A stiff T shirt that's been there for at least 18 months
1 pink tambourine
2 PP3s , neither of which work
What I thought was a printed off set list but turned out to be a permit to work on a roof using arrester gear

and - most important....
A WKD promotional pair of flashing specs
[/quote]
Ok, I think you win :)

[quote name='spongebob' timestamp='1359975963' post='1962634']
To gigs, I always carry all my leads, etc. in my bass hard case.

However, I put my newish Mono strap on the P-bass, and with everything else already in the case, it won't shut!

Now I never take off my straps normally - but it looks like I'll have to, and also get a box to carry it all in!

Am I in the minority here? Or should I have got a decent leads box years ago.....and take off the strap every time I put it in the case (a right pain!)?
[/quote]

Everything goes into mine. Leads, tuner, strings, books, tools, cleaning stuff... it all goes in, and with the strap on too. If it doesn't shut, i make it shut.