Why become a member? ×

New Gibson Body Shape. Oh, FFS.

skankdelvar

I really like the natural one, although it does look just like a Teisco/Top Twenty skip-outside-your-house special... there's NO WAY I'd be willing to pay that much for one, but then Gibsons are stupidly expensive across the board tbf. The Epiphone guitars selling around the £400-500 mark are much better made then modern Gibsons selling for over twice as much in my (limited) experience.

• 2 weeks later...

[indent=1]I think that black one in the OP loks awful, but I love the body shape![/indent]

[indent=1] That's a beauty IMHO.[/indent]

[indent=1]I'd rather have the option for a P90 in the bridge and FA in the neck, but otherwise I'd happily have one (if it wasn't a grand a pop!)[/indent]

[indent=1]xx[/indent]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Stroopy121' timestamp='1363518504' post='2013497']
[indent=1]I think that black one in the OP loks awful, but I love the body shape![/indent]

[indent=1] That's a beauty IMHO.[/indent]

[indent=1]I'd rather have the option for a P90 in the bridge and FA in the neck, but otherwise I'd happily have one (if it wasn't a grand a pop!)[/indent]

[indent=1]xx[/indent]
[/quote]

That one I like. I'd happily play one... but not at $2000...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Ancient Mariner' timestamp='1368786926' post='2081433']
Most posters here may be too young to remember. ;)
[/quote]

Definitely :D Also, I'm not a huge Gibson fan, but I think this new one looks pretty cool, and I think that's what they are aiming for, to be the cool brand again. There's only so long the 60's and 70's kids can keep them in business :)