Why become a member? ×

Songs that you'd love to play live but probably never will.

Dom in Dorset

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1359572753' post='1956909']
Don't Damn Me - Guns 'n Roses, something about that song that does things to me.
Never found anyone else capable of pulling off the main riff though.....
[/quote]I love the breakdown in that song when it drops to bass and drums. Also the lyrics are quality.

A Queensryche song like I Dont Believe in Love or maybe Breaking the Silence from Operation Mindcrime. Or maybe something from Empire. Eddie Jackson is my all time fave bass player mainly because of those 2 albums - what a gritty tone!

[quote name='Mudpup' timestamp='1359579512' post='1957071']
A Queensryche song like I Dont Believe in Love or maybe Breaking the Silence from Operation Mindcrime. Or maybe something from Empire. Eddie Jackson is my all time fave bass player mainly because of those 2 albums - what a gritty tone!
[/quote]

Got to agree - always wanted to play a Queensryche number back when I was in a metal band, but never came to fruition as none of the blokes in the band ever bothered to listen to them and see what terrific songs they wrote <_< I'd have gone with something off the first EP, like Nightrider - the Mindcrime material's easily my favourite of theirs, but IMO works best when the album's played in full.

Always wanted to play One Way by the Levellers as well, but can't see myself ever being in the right band for it. Shame, as it's an amazing song.