Why become a member? ×

What cab do you use?

Badass

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' timestamp='1360083754' post='1964601']
[attachment=126869:IMG_1648.JPG]

4 X 10 Hartke Hydrive- honest!!
[/quote]

That looks cool, so you made a new front panel that sits on top of the original grill?

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1360175581' post='1966194']

That looks cool, so you made a new front panel that sits on top of the original grill?
[/quote]

Yeah- great cabs, just look a bit too modern for my old school self.

Looks a bit naff in the photo but miles better in real life. Bit of vinyl covered wood frame and proper speaker cover.

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' timestamp='1360178182' post='1966258']
Yeah- great cabs, just look a bit too modern for my old school self.

Looks a bit naff in the photo but miles better in real life. Bit of vinyl covered wood frame and proper speaker cover.
[/quote]

Looks good to me! :) Hmmm, maybe a vintage looking Hartke model would be a cool edition to the Hartke line! - You should add a picture to Larry Hartke's facebook page!

[quote name='Badass' timestamp='1360178718' post='1966283']
[b]Marvin[/b] I guess the speaker / s in the combo count. What's in there?
[/quote]

I was just being a tad daft ;)

It's a 210, loaded with 'Fender Special Design' 8ohm speakers, whatever special design means :). It's actually quite good.

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1360180086' post='1966332']
I'm really surprised to see that a 2x12 is now more popular than what I considered the 'standard' 4x10!
[/quote]

I would have been too, but I picked up my first 212 a few months ago and I have found it to be incredibly versatile either as a standalone cab or paired up with another cab. I play with a pretty flat tone on most occasions and I don't need masses of low end, so 410's and 210's suit me fine, but I find that the 212 gives me the low end when required whilst remaining clear, punchy and loud. Sounds belting with 210 on top for a medium sized full range stack.

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1360192971' post='1966669']
I would have been too, but I picked up my first 212 a few months ago and I have found it to be incredibly versatile either as a standalone cab or paired up with another cab. I play with a pretty flat tone on most occasions and I don't need masses of low end, so 410's and 210's suit me fine, but I find that the 212 gives me the low end when required whilst remaining clear, punchy and loud. Sounds belting with 210 on top for a medium sized full range stack.
[/quote]

The only 2x12 I ever tried was a Barefaced S12T which was amazing, but I've always been happy with what I have and unable to afford anything else :lol: