Why become a member? ×

"Real" Keys/Piano Scores?

Commando Jack

I've been increasingly playing keys in one of my bands and it has kind of evolved into a full time position.

Problem is, I have been getting away with learning some parts by ear or by looking at youtube "how to play" videos etc. Everytime I look around for actual sheet music I tend to run up against a brick wall, either finding lead sheets (melody with chord notation) or piano play-alongs where they arrange the melody on the right hand and some kind of approximation of the rest on the left hand.

Basically, I'd much rather have transcriptions of the actual music that the pianist or keys player actually plays, or would even be happy with a score also showing other instruments. I know you can mine into MIDI files and build your own notation, but I'd much rather just buy the sheet music if it's available.

So, does anyone on basschat know where to get this kind of transription? The traditional places like 8notes don't really seem to have what I'm looking for.