Why become a member? ×

Best cab evaaaar ??

hamfist

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1404476130' post='2492955']
I have a 2x1x12 purple chilli setup at the moment... Sounds great and the cabs are super light but they are still quite big.
[/quote]

Good to hear you're pleased with the sound.

Sure, probably doesn't take up much less space when they're stacked, but two pieces can be stored around the house and transported in more flexible ways than one monolithic lump of speakers and wood ;)

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1404476710' post='2492968']
Good to hear you're pleased with the sound.

Sure, probably doesn't take up much less space when they're stacked, but two pieces can be stored around the house and transported in more flexible ways than one monolithic lump of speakers and wood ;)
[/quote]

To be fair they're not exactly huge... and they are very portable, just not as small as some other options.

No complaints with the sound though, they are excellent cabs.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1404473914' post='2492924']
Which brand(s)? :)
[/quote]

I'm using Aguilar DB cabs.... I think they are fine sounding cabs and speak very well.
I am not sure the chassis' are anything too special on paper but I think they don't need to be.
I also think they have gone up in price recently.. not sure why that is but not an issue in so far as
I don't plan to sell them soon.
I far prefer these cabs to Berg AE112 which I also have. More likely to sell them sooner...

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1404478569' post='2492991']
I'm using Aguilar DB cabs.... I think they are fine sounding cabs and speak very well.
I am not sure the chassis' are anything too special on paper but I think they don't need to be.
I also think they have gone up in price recently.. not sure why that is but not an issue in so far as
I don't plan to sell them soon.
I far prefer these cabs to Berg AE112 which I also have. More likely to sell them sooner...
[/quote]

I'm with JTUK. The Aguilar DB cabs really are something else....and I've tried a LOT of cabs.

The price rise is a shame....but I suspect its because they now have a middleman / supplier in the UK. Never really understood the need as every time I needed service I contacted the store I bought them from or Aguilar direct. It's a small world now.

Aguilar DB112NT for me. Just the right amount of every aspect of tone. Warm, responsive, not too much treble (thanks to the lack of tweeter), reasonably lightweight and looks AWESOME in tweed. Perfection for me.

[quote name='skej21' timestamp='1404509847' post='2493437']
Aguilar DB112NT for me. Just the right amount of every aspect of tone. Warm, responsive, not too much treble (thanks to the lack of tweeter), reasonably lightweight and looks AWESOME in tweed. Perfection for me.
[/quote]

I concur. And two is great!!!!

Edited by scalpy

OK if we include transport no problem (you need a van) then my old Trace 1812 stack. Bottom side of the Bi-amp is an 18" (Fane Colossus: ported), 15" (Celestion Powercel: sealed) and Hi-pass handled by a 12" (RCF) in a flare. All in one box, 55" tall and just over 110Kg (made from HDF: later 18mm Birch ply ones I had were lighter). 'Course you need an AH500 to run it (23Kg).. When I bought my original ones in '84 I had Trace flight case them...stairs NOT an option for one person...
So BEST ever was two of the above at a time : :gas: :lol: :yarr:
Now you see where the van came in...

I'm currently loving my 2 mesa Powerhouse cabs but i'd choose the 212 over the 210 if i was only allowed one. It copes with everything I put through it and sounds great regardless of the head I'm using at any one time. (and it has wheels :D )

At present, the cab which I like most is Barefaced '69er ( with my Alessandro Basset Hound valve amps, or Monique preamp by Jule Amps + Minnie 800D by Demeter ), but my opinion should change when I shall receive one Rétro Six10 and one Rétro Two10 B).

The Mesa Scout Radiator is a very good 15" single cab, too : Big, fat, and tremendous bass tone for a tiny cab.