Why become a member? ×

NBD Aria SBR-150 pictures now up

police squad

Finally found one.
I bought one of these from Peter Cooks shop in Hanwell (from Peter himself) in about 1986/7.
Traded it in at my local store a few years later and missed it so much that I bought it back.

Finally traded it in London in 1990 for an old white P bass (that I've still got).

I decided that I wanted another but they weren't made for long and they really are few and far between.

Of course I've found one, literally, on my door step.
Previous owner did his last gig 10 years ago and removed the batteries to stop them leaking. So it's been in its original case, unused, for the last ten years. It's in incredibly good condition.

neck pickup not working (not when I tried it but it's ok now) and not checking the actives means I got it for £440.

He was happy that it's gone to a good home.
Pics to follow, (it's still a bit dark)

It plays like butter. Seriously low action. It was last given a set up and fret dress by the late Tony Zematis.
Can't think when I'm going to get any chance to gig it because it won't work in my Police Tribute!! (perhaps I should start a Duran Duran tribute, I know a bloke who looks just like Simon le Bon and can't sing, so he'd be perfect---it's a joke BTW , I love D/D)

Edited by police squad
  • Like 1