Why become a member? ×

SOLD Pending - Alembic Essence 4 Fretted - aqua blue translucent £1125

lozbass

Bit of a Fender/Fender clone man myself.
Then, 2 weeks ago, I got an Alembic Epic. OK, set neck so not as upmarket as this.
I literally cannot believe how good a bass it is. It is incredible.
Even the chap who does my basses (he has also made customs for decades) stated it was "amazing and astounding piece of kit". He is not known to wax lyrical often!
I am sure this is even better and somebody is going to be ecstatic.

Edited by karlfer

Karlfer, thanks for the positive comments re: Alembics and I'm very pleased to hear that your Epic is working out. As far as I know, Alembic people put the same care and attention into all the instruments that pass through their hands. The basses are certainly not cheap, but the skill, craft, experience and quality of materials is entirely obvious when you pick up an Alembic bass. I've had lots of lovely trade offers on this but would really like to hold out for cash - I've nearly been swayed but my move to short-sale implies that I must stay focused. Final price is £1125.

Well its Saturday night and I really fancy bumping a beauty. Come on guys - its a steal. If you ever see another one the same as this I'll eat rockin horse sh*t. If I didnt already have an Alembic Rogue this would be mine by now. Just lovely understated perfection. You cant buy anything as good as this for this price anywhere lads. Made by the best of the best bass manufacturers. Come on, come on, what holding you back. You know you want it.

I cant believe it hasnt gone yet either Loz. If I was closer I'd definately call in. What beauty. Somebodys surely got to snap it up soon ! Its certainly worth more than you are asking. I'd try Gumtree as well Loz. Some good basses starting to appear on there now too. All best.

Some interest but still here (I'm honestly a bit surprised). A few lovely Alembics (and an impressive clone) on BC just now so I'll bump this in amongst them. The finish on this is very unusual and a very expensive custom option along with the chrome (over solid brass) hardware. The bass is a multi-laminate neck through model with the filter-based EQ - it's around the mid price range in the Alembic catalogue. The bass is in central Manchester for anybody that might want to try it (it's in my office but I have a good pre and headphones available). I can ship very readily to UK, Europe and the US - this might be more attractive outside the UK now given recent currency fluctuations.

Graham, Molan - thanks very much - I'm sure there are buyers around, it's just a slow market in general just now, plus the market for Alembic's has always been a minority one. Being honest, I'm perfectly happy to have the Essence around the office 'til it sells - always nice for those quieter moments of the day.

[quote name='FrederikVanDuuren' timestamp='1363509030' post='2013391']
Nice bass, great price!

Its weight? Is it neck heavy? Nose dive-ish?
[/quote]
Thanks for this - it is a lovely bass (and I think it's a bit of a bargain at this price1)

It's a very light bass - and designed to be the lightest of the Alembic range (as far as I know). I don't have a scale available but I'd say 8.5 to 9lbs. It doesn't suffer from neck dive (but I use a Comfort Strapp - they're pretty sticky) - again, I think the Essence is designed to balance well with a relatively long top horn that reaches to around the 15th fret. The head itself is relatively light (unlike the more traditional crown headstock). The bass feels fairly 'long' on a strap - I think this is a function of the positioning of the string retainer and bridge. However, the neck is very slender and comfortable

[quote name='sgh' timestamp='1363802608' post='2017938']
Can't believe this is still here, would love it myself if my arms weren't so short ! :lol:
[/quote]
sgh - thanks for this (haha - it's not 'that' long). I've just checked on the Alembic site and the base price for an Essence is currently $7500 (though a 30% discount through a dealer would bring this down considerably of course). The custom options on the sale bass would add around $1250 (500 for the blue gloss transparent finish and 750 for the chromed brass hardware). I'm considering taking this bass in to have a few sharp fret ends taken down this weekend - for those for whom such sharp ends might be a concern, Alembic's comments and advice appear here:

[url="http://alembic.com/club/messages/16271/17223.html?1110831905"]http://alembic.com/club/messages/16271/17223.html?1110831905[/url]

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1363994322' post='2020856']
Loz this bass is stunning, if it wasn't for the wedding; it'd be here next to me.

We need that pint soon mate x
[/quote]
Andy - thanks - I'll shoot in this week, apologies for the silence, work's been crazy.

More interest in this bass this weekend but a quick bump to keep the Alembic current