Why become a member? ×

Yamaha SA2000S 1981 (ES-335) Trade for P-bass

I'm not quite sure if i want to sell this, but I have bills to pay and something has come up I'd like to purchase.

Yamaha SA 2000S – Dark Cherry

Made in Japan 1981

This is a fabulous Dark Cherry Japanese made SA2000S . One of the rarest of all and highly desirable from the Yamaha SA range.

Yamaha have made no pretense here and this is an out and out Gibson 335 challenge.

When they were launched in the USA in 1978 Yamaha went all out to challenge the supremacy of Gibson USA at the top - and they succeeded.

The SA 2000S was at the very top of the range 335 with a solid spruce top which is what the S designation means and mahogany body with the best hardware Yamaha ever produced . It also features coil taps which extend the fabulous range even further and a long neck tenon set neck which also has an internal screw . Like wearing a belt AND braces .

The new version made today is good but seems to lack the mojo of these original model partly due to the materials available due to various hardwood conservation laws introduced in the early 90s. The SA2000S is considered the best of the SA range ever produced and certainly one of the best 335s out there IMHO.

Overall condition is excellent with nothing much to report but I will point out what there is – The front has a couple of very small but visible dings. The goldware as usual on an early Yamaha has tarnished but easily replaced or re plated if it bothers but effects nothing as it is. Just a hint of fretwear on a couple of frets of no consequence.

The pickup covers are non original but the pickups are and sounds great!

Original leatherette gig bag – OK but has a tear in it.

Price: £SOLD

Edited by TimmyC