Why become a member? ×

Oh no...not again...

Jimryan

Since cutting my gear down, getting my precision spec'ed and modded, changing my head over, etc you get the picture. I've pretty much eliminated all GAS I had. The other day I sat down to update my accounts and even when thinking of my self assessment rebate, still no GAS. Wrey!

Then today, it hit me.

I've lasted months without it, and today it's hit. I want this, that, I'll have your one of that, I'll just get one of those, but I really REALLY need that.

It caught me off guard, I feel violated.

Anyone else spent the best part of a year content with not having any GAS and then BAM it hits you?

Any recovery recommendations?

James

Nope... nothing I want or need.
I dare say I could blow a couple of thou if it was burning a hole in my pocket, but until
I see something I really want, I'm GAS free..
I would probably have to sell something to make room as using the thing would be the
issue

To be honest, I think I've reached a point where I'm struggling to think of something else to buy. Having been round in circles a few times on basses I always end up back at the same stuff so there's no point denying it. The amplification I have was bloody expensive and has turned out to be as good as I hoped so stuck there too. Never mind, I'll just buy tools for my workshop - that satisfies the adiction!!

Much the same as above, I have actually run out of things to desire partly because I have run out of room to store anything else, but I have got to the point where I am genuinely happy with the gear I have got, all my guitars and basses are fully gigable all my amps are light, portable and currently as good as I need. I find myself in the previously unheard of position of looking at any additional gear as, quite frankly, clutter and I can't justify more clutter.

I am happy with my gear. After spending thousands on gear over the last 4 years or so I have come to the conclusion that the cheap but decent gear I have at the moment does me ok and it`s the thrill of buying I was addicted to as after a few months I would usually move the recently bought gear on.

Ahhhhhh!

It's getting worse and worse. I've gone from "all I WANT is a foot switch for my amp" to "I NEED several cabs, 2 maybe 3 new basses, a double bass (again), a whole new range of effects and a foot switch for my amp would be quite handy".