Why become a member? ×

Ashdown CTM15

BluRay

This looks fun - on a facebook link today. Sadly I don't have £369 for a 15w tube amp (Gear4music price) - but if I did, I'd get one!
[url="http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/Daily/News/Ashdown_Launches_New_Classic_Tube_Magnifiers.aspx"]http://www.premiergu...Magnifiers.aspx[/url]
Wonder what cab would suit it

Nah i reckon a Mark percy 4x15 would be better haha!

http://www.markpercy.co.uk/cabinet.htm

Cool little thing wonder what it sounds like with guitar ? I love my lb30 for home noodling, but its a bit too loud for that this would be a better choice.

So many good products coming out this year from a loud of manufacturers esp ashdown trouble is everybody is skint

Edited by dan670844

• 2 weeks later...

That looks cool but is it going to be like the LB30, anounce it now and deliver it in a uk only version over a year later at twice the price. I would love a small all tube bass amp for home but after my experience of ordering an LB30 with a 4-5 week lead time and paying up front, then selling my old amp to fund it just to find myself fighting to get my money back 6 months later coz i didnt want to stump up the extra for a uk built LB30 !!!!. Well anyone thinking of ordering this my advice would be keep your money in the bank till you see one for real. The LB30 was anonced at £365 too so be warned. Ashdown let me down befor once they wont get a second chance and i know a good few people who feel the same.

my reply from ashdown re availability on this very cool looking amp

We built 100 UK ones from Day one of the lb30
in fact people still order UK built at twice the price and custom versions as well.
There are 5 only UK Built ctm15 one in British racing green will be at the london bass show
The others are testing around the world and not for sale.
The offshore more affordable units will be about May shipping
I hope this helps
Custom orders are always taken but whilst the offshore units are Identical you can imagine building small qtys in the UK is very costly .
best rgds
mark

• 2 months later...

[quote name='spaners' timestamp='1360713743' post='1975452']
my reply from ashdown re availability on this very cool looking amp

We built 100 UK ones from Day one of the lb30
in fact people still order UK built at twice the price and custom versions as well.
There are 5 only UK Built ctm15 one in British racing green will be at the london bass show
The others are testing around the world and not for sale.
The offshore more affordable units will be about May shipping
I hope this helps
Custom orders are always taken but whilst the offshore units are Identical you can imagine building small qtys in the UK is very costly .
best rgds
mark
[/quote]
Is it just me or was that email proof read by Yoda before it left Ashdown?