Why become a member? ×

Fender Custom Shop P Bass

RobTheBass

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Reluctantly having to sell my beloved Fender Custom Shop Custom P Bass. This is a complete one off that I've just had authenticated by Fender. In Fender's own words: "There’s no order number in the[/font][/color][color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]re so this was probably made for the artist and not run through the system in the normal way. Because it’s pretty much a one off I don’t have any specs I can give you, but we would say it’s a genuine 1994 Custom Shop “Custom Precision Bass”. [/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I bought this about 10 or so years ago from Gary Day who was, until recently, Morrisey's bass player. He had bought it from a shop in LA whilst touring, gigged with it and bought it back to the UK. it's a beauty with P & J pick-ups and I've fitted a BadAss 3 bridge to it - but I still have the original vintage style bridge and cover. There's a few marks on the back of the neck but it plays beautifully. It comes with a hard case. I can send more pics to those interested.[/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#333333]I'm looking for £1695 ono[/color][/font]

I appreciate it's quite an expensive bass for anyone to purchase but I need to free up some cash so if it helps I'd take cash plus something else. I'm not really looking for anything specific, just something that may interest me - I could do with a compact cab to handle a 4-8ohm 300w head - something light and portable...or a decent standard P bass - preferably american but would consider something else.

[quote name='jonthebass' timestamp='1359215708' post='1951726']
Rob, What sort of thing will you trade against - Makes, Models, Amps?
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I appreciate it's quite an expensive bass for anyone to purchase but I need to free up some cash so if it helps I'd take cash plus something else. I'm not really looking for anything specific, just something that may interest me - I could do with a compact cab to handle a 4-8ohm 300w head - something light and portable...or a decent standard P bass - preferably american but would consider something else.[/font][/color]

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1359464885' post='1955081']
I'm confused. This is advertised twice, by two slightly different usernames...?
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's the same person...I was having trouble with this account (my content had disappeared temporarily for some reason) and I couldn't upload pics so I set up a different account. Apologies for the confusion.If I knew how to delete content I would have removed the original post.[/font][/color]