Why become a member? ×

New Markbass Multiamp

discreet

You can certainly adjust the master on the fly, I was doing just that last night! The DI out has its own level control, which is switchable on the rear panel +4/-10db, and there are additional DI options in the system menu. The DI Path can be set at the end of chain, post or pre amp EQ, and you can further adjust the DI Level.

Edited by MoJoKe

So let's say I need 3 or 4 patches for a set. Do I need to change all their programmed Master Volumes or does the Master pot takes care for all the patches. Does it come after the DI and after the programmed levels?

Not knwing for sure is the one thing from buying one of these babies ....

(Sorry, I am not a native english speaker)

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1438014446' post='2830874']Not a deal breaker, but it's a shame the stereo version doesn't bridge to 4 Ohms? - OR is there a way of muting an unused channel?[/quote]

You can run one 4 ohm cab off one side and nothing off the other - and the unused channel won't care that although it's generating an output voltage there's no current flowing. The joys of solidstate amps! :)

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1438017824' post='2830901']
You can run one 4 ohm cab off one side and nothing off the other - and the unused channel won't care that although it's generating an output voltage there's no current flowing. The joys of solidstate amps! :)
[/quote]

I've just slapped my forehead - yes, you are of course absolutely right! I guess it doesn't stop me from *wanting* to throw the resultant bridged watts at a single cab :) It'd be rude not to!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1438019683' post='2830935']
I've just slapped my forehead - yes, you are of course absolutely right! I guess it doesn't stop me from *wanting* to throw the resultant bridged watts at a single cab :) It'd be rude not to!
[/quote]

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1438017824' post='2830901']
[/quote]

I suppose what it'd need is to have a pair of high fidelity cabinets that can hang off of each channel...

Edited by dood

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1438035052' post='2831156']
I've just noticed that the mono version also has stereo line outputs - so worst case scenario, another amp could be ran as a slave for stereo operation. Interesting!
[/quote]

Interesting indeed!

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1438084420' post='2831459']
It does indeed, at 8ohm.
[/quote]

Ah fair enough, I guess the problem is that in order to run at 4 ohm bridged you would need to spec out the amp modules and power supply to be able to run 2 ohm stereo which would probably significantly increase the cost.

I'm not sure it would - the Hartke LH1000 is capable of running bridged at 4 ohms and it's a monster amp for not much money. I appreciate it's an AB amp rather than D class but still, I'd expect that a little price hike was ok to swallow for the benefits.

[quote name='gillento' timestamp='1437945948' post='2830322']
So let's say I need 3 or 4 patches for a set. Do I need to change all their programmed Master Volumes or does the Master pot takes care for all the patches. Does it come after the DI and after the programmed levels?

Not knwing for sure is the one thing from buying one of these babies ....

(Sorry, I am not a native english speaker)
[/quote]

You can set the master volume as a separate control or have it change with the patches. The former is the way to go live.

[quote name='Lee-Man' timestamp='1438197548' post='2832514']
You can set the master volume as a separate control or have it change with the patches. The former is the way to go live.
[/quote]

+1 definitely! you'd have to be really good at matching the output levels of all the patches otherwise! Some of the Factory Presets have MV included, and the output level jumps up and down all over the place as you select different patches!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1438207186' post='2832621']
How low does the Octave effect track? I mean, can it handle an open E string?
[/quote]

Was playing this through my new IEM last night, the Octave sounds like it tracks that low. Quite hard to tell, will check on my gig later:)

• 1 month later...