Why become a member? ×

New Markbass Multiamp

discreet

[b][size=4]New Markbass Multiamp[/size][/b]

There has been a Multiamp available for around a month for guitar (apparently) but now there is this bass version... a preamp/effects processor AND a power amp... interesting!

[url="http://www.markbass.it/product_detail.php?id=238"]http://www.markbass....tail.php?id=238[/url]

[color=#020202][font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana][size=3][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][b]" New for 2013[/b] we’re proud to introduce the BASS MULTIAMP which offers to the bassists the same advantages, having at disposal an incredible wide range of virtual bass amps, both modern and vintage, speaker cabs and microphones, studio and stompbox effects, and a powerful stereo amp... in a practical rack mountable unit![/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#020202][font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana][size=3][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The BASS MULTIAMP features an interface very easy to use and a 500W@8ohm (bridge) or 250W+250W@4ohm (150+150W@8ohm) stereo power amp. [/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#020202][font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana][size=3][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]This is just the beginning... as always we’ll be strictly in touch with the market to satisfy the bassists needs and wishes, expanding the BASS MULTIAMP with new items, exciting tones and effects... [/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#020202][font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana][size=3][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]INPUT: 1 jack mono[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#020202][font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana][size=3][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]OUTPUTS:
2 jack mono (left/mono,right)
2 XLR male (left/mono,right)
speaker cabs [/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#020202][font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana][size=3][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]CHANNELS: Solid State / Tube / Vintage[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#020202][font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana][size=3][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]CONTROLS: Gain / Level / Master[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#020202][font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana][size=3][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]EQ CONTROLS: Low / Mid Low / Mid High / High[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#020202][font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana][size=3][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]POWER AMP (solid state):
150+150W@8ohm
250W+250W@4ohm
500W@8ohm (in bridge mode)[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#020202][font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana][size=3][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MIDI Connections: In / Through[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#020202][font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana][size=3][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]OTHER FEATURES:
Virtual Amps
Speaker Cabs and Microphones
Effects
External Memory (SD card)[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#020202][font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana][size=3][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]DIMENSIONS: 2U standard rack / depth 12.76”/324 mm[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#020202][font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana][size=3][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]WEIGHT: 4.3 kg / 9.48 lbs [b]"[/b][/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#020202][font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana][size=3][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Does it not do 1000W@4ohms in bridge mode? Why not?[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#020202][font=Georgia, Arial, Verdana][size=3][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]One wonders just how affordable (or otherwise) it will be... :)[/font][/size][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by discreet

I thought that too.... There are a lot of players out there using LMIIs (including me) who might be interested in switching to this BUT.......
I use a 4ohm cab to get the full 500W so as interesting as this looks, it would be too underpowered for me unless there is a 4ohm bridged mode.

• 6 months later...

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Just spotted this thread. I will have one of these babies to play with in the next week or so, so I will be doing a mini review as soon as I can.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I've been told by MSL that regarding power, the figures quoted above were pre-release. It is apparently officially as follows:-[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Mono version Same as LMIII [color=#020202]500W@4ohm / 300W@8ohm[/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Stereo version Same as 2 x LMIII - [color=#020202]2x500W@4 ohm | 2x300W@8ohm, but can also be bridged to give[/color][color=#020202] 1000W@8ohm[/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#020202]So that doesn't quite address all of us who have a pair of 8 ohm cabs, but then 2 x 300 watts in the MB world, as we all know, is still probably gonna be hoofin'[/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#020202]I'm certainly looking forward to pissing my guitarist off by putting a cab on "his" side of the stage![/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#020202]I'll update when I've had a play!![/color][/font][/size]

• 3 weeks later...

Fair bit less than an AxeFx thoug, and you get a power-amp built in unlike that and the Kemper et al.

I guess it'll come down to how good the amp models are, but whilst analogue and valves are in no danger of dying, this does seem to be the direction the industry is going in.

[quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1378560317' post='2201835']
I'll see what I can get from the guys at MSL...
[/quote]

Cheers !

I'm just intrigued, used to do the pod pro into power amp many many years back...

• 1 month later...

Bump - anyone shed any light ?!!!!

I'm feeling a little less than convinced about this product judging from the lack of online reference material from[i] any[/i] sources (or a manual), I'd have thought MB would have done more to push this 10 months on.

Maybe they've got cold feet or the next NAMM is about to drop something else...?

I feel MarkBass are missing a trick by doing a separate bass and separate guitar versions when the likes of Kemper and Fractal are not limiting themselves to one side of the fence or other. As the Dragons would say, for that reason, I'm out :)

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1381583277' post='2240954']
Yes I had a good go on it there - way too much on it for my needs but the sound of this thing through a 1x12 Markbass cab was amazing.
[/quote]

I thought this sounded really nice through that MB 1x12. Had a quick play and it was fun.

A lot less impressed when I heard it through a 'competitive' speaker brand (I won't name which or the flame-crew will be out very quickly, lol).

Could be that it needs 'fine tuning' to match different cab setups though.

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1381674747' post='2242097']

I thought this sounded really nice through that MB 1x12. Had a quick play and it was fun.

A lot less impressed when I heard it through a 'competitive' speaker brand (I won't name which or the flame-crew will be out very quickly, lol).

Could be that it needs 'fine tuning' to match different cab setups though.
[/quote]
Does it rhyme with "air-laced"? :lol: