Why become a member? ×

Hurley Virtuoso pup

lockpicker1969

I finally ordered myself a Hurley Virtuoso pup from the USA .i feel my K&kbassmax is to boomy .
if readers remember i had trouble with the first Hurley order not turning up .

anyway a missed card was left today and it looks like i am having to pay £14.70 customs charge on the thing before i can pick it up from the post office.
Surly it cant be all that? The pup only cost £34 including p&p, if my maths is right that feels like a 50000% customs charge

[quote name='PaulKing' timestamp='1358768674' post='1944554']
Some of the more ... 'helpful' ... US traders , suggest on the packaging that the enclosed is a gift. They are so thoughtful to do so ... as it can mean zero taxes.
Buying from the US is always painful otherwise.
[/quote]

Read somewhere the other day that EU/USA talks on a customs union are starting up again and might get somewhere this time. Just imagine... :)

• 6 months later...

Lockpicker, what was the outcome of all this? I just ordered a virtuoso yesterday and then read your post. I've been using a k and k rab for the last 10 years or so and recently changed to gut strings from rotos. Been having problems for a couple of years with the balance of string volume, odd harmonics on open strings etc. how does the hurley sound? It was recommended highly to me by a friend in the states who's a pro upright player in a blues combo. Are you using a pre amp with it?

Looking forward to hearing back....