Why become a member? ×

FS - Ibanez SR405 £65 delivered **SOLD**

Raving_camel

Hey there, as you can see I've not used this forum in months as I've been too unwell to play basses, let a lone tinker with them - so that's why I'm selling my project bass.

It's an early 90's (94 if I'm correct)[b] [i]Ibanez SR405[/i][/b]. The body is Maple, the neck is Maple and the fretboard is Rosewood. 2 Ibanez DX passive pickups. 16.5mm string spacing on the bridge.

It's needing new pots, some filler and a respray (or you can keep the 'roadworn' look). Fretboards fine, frets are fine, truss road may need adjusting as it's not had strings in awhile, headstock has a massive scratch and the tuning heads are in perfect condition. Body has about 5 big dents and loads of annoying dents and dings, and the lower horn has been completely stripped of paint after a bad fall. If you have some cheap pots lying around, you can get this running for very little effort. If you're wanting a good project, you could get this reprayed and filled for under £15/20 and it'll look brand new.

As you can see, the body is littered with dents and scratches.

Never found out what this plugged up pot hole was about.

Photobucket is really not working at the moment, so i'll upload the high res images onto a open folder there later tonight and edit my post.

I'd like [b]£65 delivered[/b] for this bass, I think that's an alright price that's roughly £25 for the body, £25 for the neck and £15 for courier. I'm never gonna use it again in my life, so i'm more than happy to negotiate prices and i'm also willing to split body and neck. Happy to use any couriers you like, if not i'll go with whoever is doing the best deal. Will be sent in a massive cardboard box with loads of bubble wrap and airbags. Happy to accept Paypal (you paying fees) or bank transfer.

Thanks for reading, Chris :)

EDIT ; [url="http://s19.beta.photobucket.com/user/Micehorns/library/Ibanez"]http://s19.beta.phot.../library/Ibanez[/url]

More images in there.

Edited by Raving_camel