Why become a member? ×

THE Bass Relay Thread

Jimryan

For those that haven't seen it yet, this got published in the paper today.

[IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii527/jimryan88/Bcbassrelay/image_zps2169238b.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii527/jimryan88/Bcbassrelay/image_zpsc011cfcb.jpg[/IMG]

• 2 weeks later...

and on we go , Cheers Ian , The Golden Eagle in Chester city centre on Thursday (28th March) come on down B)

ed to add [url="https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=210691614987351235849.0004d5f2ff114291042ee&msa=0&ll=53.094024,-2.592773&spn=5.88681,15.644531"]map update [/url]

Edited by lurksalot

Is there any interest locally to get involved ? I have emailed the 3 closest on the contacts list , Runcorn , Middlewich and Flint , and had no response , come one boys and girls , there are definately a few gigging players around Chester , Wirral and N Wales , step up and take it on , be a part of it, there will be no relay without players to pass it on to.

There are Jam nights to play at if thats all you can get to , it doesn't matter , just play a song and pass it on .

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1364336042' post='2025183']
Is there any interest locally to get involved ? I have emailed the 3 closest on the contacts list , Runcorn , Middlewich and Flint , and had no response , come one boys and girls , there are definately a few gigging players around Chester , Wirral and N Wales , step up and take it on , be a part of it, there will be no relay without players to pass it on to.

There are Jam nights to play at if thats all you can get to , it doesn't matter , just play a song and pass it on .
[/quote]

+1

Come on guys, step up to the plate, don't be shy. Lurksalot will only bite if you want him to.

I'm happy to be a link in this. I'm in Stockport and I can pick up the bass this Friday or Saturday. I'm not gigging at the moment, but I'm off to a jam night on Sunday, if that's any good.

I might be able to blag a guest spot for one song with my old band who are gigging on 5th April, but I'd need to know soonish if I'll have the bass at that time. Don't want to get in the way of its journey to Scotland with mcnach.

Steve

Edited by solo4652

[quote name='solo4652' timestamp='1364377157' post='2025500']
I'm happy to be a link in this. I'm in Stockport and I can pick up the bass this Friday or Saturday. I'm not gigging at the moment, but I'm off to a jam night on Sunday, if that's any good.
[/quote]

If you have it next, I'm only an hour's drive away so I'll come get it after you. I've got 3 decent gigs in April :) Unless somebody closer wants it before me?

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1364384809' post='2025641']
If you have it next, I'm only an hour's drive away so I'll come get it after you. I've got 3 decent gigs in April :) Unless somebody closer wants it before me?
[/quote]

I've just emailed my old band, and they're happy to let me do one song at their gig on 5th April. So, if I pick it up from Lurksalot, play it on 5th April and then pass it to you, would that work?

Steve

Excellent news ,we have people queing for it now B)

Latest from me is that Vinny has been in contact and will happily take it on next and I have tentatively given him the OK ,though I am not sure he can attend on thursday, or what his gig diary is like, but I will point him to the thread now and get his input with regard the other kind offer from Steve .

Kev

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1364410385' post='2026154']

Latest from me is that Vinny has been in contact and will happily take it on next and I have tentatively given him the OK ,though I am not sure he can attend on thursday, or what his gig diary is like, but I will point him to the thread now and get his input with regard the other kind offer from Steve .

Kev
[/quote]

Awesome. It's fantastic watching this come along (as I'm sure many will agree). It really is great seeing people queuing for this. Let's raise loads guys

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1364411400' post='2026175']
Also, could all participants consider contacting their local press. Where's it's a relatively quirky idea, they tend to like it. It'll help raise awareness and in turn, hopefully raise some more donations.
[/quote]

Big +1 to this. It needs as much publicity as possible, because to be honest, £75 is pretty shocking. How many gigs has it done now? 4/5? I'm not pointing the finger or blaming anybody at all, but it just needs more publicity to draw in money. Make it a bit of a spectacle to draw in the crowds.

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1364412208' post='2026191']
Big +1 to this. It needs as much publicity as possible, because to be honest, £75 is pretty shocking. How many gigs has it done now? 4/5? I'm not pointing the finger or blaming anybody at all, but it just needs more publicity to draw in money. Make it a bit of a spectacle to draw in the crowds.
[/quote]

Exactly. Hopefully, payday bank holiday weekend should work in our favour.

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1364410385' post='2026154']

Kev
[/quote]

Hi Kev,

Not a problem at all. I can take the bass if Vinny isn't able to, and play it for 1 song at Madisons in Rawtenstall on 5th April. Apparently, I'll be playing Sweet Home Alabama....

Just let me know,

Steve

[quote name='solo4652' timestamp='1364412643' post='2026204']
Apparently, I'll be playing Sweet Home Alabama....

[/quote]

Doesn't everybody :lol: , I am letting Vinny make the call as I offered it to him before I logged in today , I have Emailed aswell so should firm it up later this evening either way .

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1364411400' post='2026175']
Also, could all participants consider contacting their local press. Where's it's a relatively quirky idea, they tend to like it. It'll help raise awareness and in turn, hopefully raise some more donations.
[/quote]

That's a great idea. What we need is something we can give to them. Ideally a single link to the website or document that sums up what the relay is all about. I know you have prepared the bass relay rule and set that out to all participants, but i feel we need a press release type of thing. Could you sort something out Jim?

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1364420944' post='2026388']
How about something like this.

"The BassChat bass relay is coming to YOU!"

*blurb in regular sized writing*

*Date and venue in big bright font*

I should do this for a living. :D
[/quote]

Sounds good. My local paper did a piece, but they decided against using the barcodes or links and instead just made up they're own story (very) loosely based on what I sent them.

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1364421271' post='2026395']
Sounds good. My local paper did a piece, but they decided against using the barcodes or links and instead just made up they're own story (very) loosely based on what I sent them.
[/quote]

If it's anything like my local, they will have gone out of their way to make spelling mistakes and grammatical errors, but quick to pick up on when a local business went under and spelt "Until" wrong on the sigh they put on the door. They spelt it "Untill"... I think the overriding issue of job losses and the impact on the local economy was a bigger story.