Why become a member? ×

THE Bass Relay Thread

Jimryan

Afternoon all,

As you know, yesterday, I was at LGBS with the relay bass, just thought y'all would like a we update.

As I walked in, I found the bass gear stand, and situated immediately next to it I found bluejay and seashell in "BC corner". I added to BC corner with this:
[IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii527/jimryan88/Bcbassrelay/image_zpse53fae97.jpg[/IMG]

After meeting up with a few of you, I managed to get member Dmanlamius to play the bass in his video review of LBGS, which, as soon as I have the link, I'll post. Either way, in addition to the video, I managed to grab a photo:

[IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii527/jimryan88/Bcbassrelay/image_zps843192ae.jpg[/IMG]

He then added himself to the t-shirt and went about his business.

Managed to get a couple of other players too. First up, the always cheerful, always friendly (and BC member), Mr Steve Lawson

[IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii527/jimryan88/Bcbassrelay/image_zps08f9907b.jpg[/IMG]

And

The delightful Yolanda Charles!

[IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii527/jimryan88/Bcbassrelay/image_zpse5a7e71c.jpg[/IMG]

Once all the excitement was other, as the show drew to an end, BC member Rushbo, stepped up to the plate and claimed the baton. It's now in the midlands guys. Do us all proud, and remember, I'm relying on you lot now for pictures :-p

[IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii527/jimryan88/Bcbassrelay/image_zps2b7705fa.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by Jimryan

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1362324736' post='1998358']
Oooh I have a gig on the 23rd in Stafford if it's nearby by then?
[/quote]

Blimey if it gets up to Stafford on the 23rd I will probably have it next! I've got gigs in Newcastle under Lyme on the 30th of March and Stoke On Trent on the 13th of April.

Edited by chrismuzz

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1362340973' post='1998691']
Blimey if it gets up to Stafford on the 23rd I will probably have it next! I've got gigs in Newcastle under Lyme on the 30th of March and Stoke On Trent on the 13th of April.
[/quote]

That could be quick, there are a fair few of us within a spit and a kick those 2 , and I could pick up on the 30th and have a gig booked in 13th April just outside Chester , I'm not staking a claim . it will go where it will go B) .
If Rushbo could let me know the details I will add it to the map .

Wow guys. I've been away for a little while with I my phone access so I've missed out on all this. I've just read through all 7 pages and what a brilliant story so far. This is why basschat is the best forum out there. What a superb idea carried out with such spirit and passion. Long may this continue and now I'll read this every day.

Cheers
ped

Heyhey...my gig is in sunny West Bromwich on Saturday, March 9.Its with Heartbreaker, who are a Paul Rodgers tribute, so if classic rawk is yer thing, come on over. We're playing at The New Talbot. It would be lovely to see a Basschatter or two there. Rest assured, ill be spamming the site mercilessly between now and the gig...

[quote name='rushbo' timestamp='1362353074' post='1998954']
Heyhey...my gig is in sunny West Bromwich on Saturday, March 9.Its with Heartbreaker, who are a Paul Rodgers tribute, so if classic rawk is yer thing, come on over. We're playing at The New Talbot. It would be lovely to see a Basschatter or two there. Rest assured, ill be spamming the site mercilessly between now and the gig...
[/quote]

I think Sat is March 8?
If so I can't make it due to another comitment. Bugger I would have loved to have been there. Is it Yorrick's old band btw?

Erm....I'm pretty sure its Saturday the 9th, unless I'm very mistaken...which I am a lot of the time.

If Yoricks real name is Nigel, then he's da man.I remember that their outgoing Bassist placed the ad on here, which I thought was rather sweet.

If it makes it to Manchester for the weekend of the 31st, I could pick it up and bring it up to Scotland.

My band, Sea Bass Kid, is having the first album launch party on the 27th of April and I'm sure we would get an interesting number of donations at the event. I'll have other gigs before that, but that would be the best for this, I think.

Regardless... let's keep it travelling! :)

[quote name='rushbo' timestamp='1362353828' post='1998966']
Erm....I'm pretty sure its Saturday the 9th, unless I'm very mistaken...which I am a lot of the time.

If Yoricks real name is Nigel, then he's da man.I remember that their outgoing Bassist placed the ad on here, which I thought was rather sweet.
[/quote]

Ooh yes 9th it is. But still its the Sat I can't do. :-(

Yes Nigel is the guy I meant. :-)

If you've not seen it announced on the relay FB page, BCer and relay contender Dave "Iamtheelvy" Elvy, has been in contact with Bass Guitar Magazine. He mentioned the relay and they said that they'd like to publish an article on in it.

More on this as either of us knows.

Cheers,

James

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1362340973' post='1998691']
[/quote]
I am not far from you Chrismuzz so if it could get to me before the 23rd of March I could get it to you before the 30th :)

....Just to be on the safe side, I'm posting this everywhere...

The Bass Baton will be at The New Talbot in West Bromwich on Saturday March 9th - my band are called Heartbreaker and we're a Paul Rodgers tribute, so if you like Classic Rawk, come on over. It would be lovely (and slightly intimidating for a Bassist...) to see a few of you there.

Rushbo

Here's a lovely poster with some more details...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2013/post-21673-0-58067800-1362422146.ipb"][/url] [url="http://basschat.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2013/post-21673-0-58067800-1362422146.ipb"]monthly_03_2013/post-21673-0-58067800-1362422146.ipb[/url] [b][size="2"][color="#777777"](446.15K)[/color][/size][/b]