Why become a member? ×

THE Bass Relay Thread

Jimryan

Raymondo is legend travelling across the country to see us and visit Trowbridge an experience he may cherish or regret! Be good to see as many west country bcers as possible and if any one wants a hand over at the White Swan or I can deliver it easily in the Bristol/Bath/Wilts area although I may not drive as far as Ray!

Cheers steve

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Really good fun gig last night and made better for having the baton there. About £40 raised on the night(its only a small pub) and I'll try and get it doubled through my work who match some charitable fund raising. A massive thanks to Ray for the 300+mile round trip to deliver the Purple Princess, [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'll post some poor quality photos later, and again it you want to have a turn I can easily deliver in the Bristol, Bath Wilts area and it would be good it we can get it towards either Weymouth or Devon where Tom Skool or Skidder and expressed and interest to keep it going![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks again Ray, pleasure to meet you, have a safe journey back and let me know if you still have Barefaced GAS after the 6X has worn off![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cheers[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Steve [/font][/color]

• 3 weeks later...

The next leg of the bass relay is now confirmed. I will be taking the baton from Bristol to the Heart of Oak in Exeter on Saturday 15th November where Skidder652003, aka Steve from The Jefferson Archive,will be the next to use the bass. Be good to see some other BCers there.

I am also trying to get the bass to my drummers other band, The Sleepwalkers, gig at the Buttercross Inn Chippenham on Thursday, to raise a few more ££££££s.

Tom Skool in Weymouth or Callum Williams in Liverpool have also put their names forward to have the bass so it looks like the relay is alive and well for now.

[quote name='Cameronj279' timestamp='1415748934' post='2603484']
If my current band wasn't requiring a 5 string for every song I'd love to get it back up here at some point! Glad to see the relays still going!
[/quote]
Hi cameron.

Someone else had said about 5 strings and possibly stringing it BEAD. Ive got an unused set of 5 strings which I'll stick in the case if anyone wants to do this.

Steve

Edited by sbrag

[quote name='sbrag' timestamp='1415790405' post='2603739']
Hi cameron.

Someone else had said about 5 strings and possibly stringing it BEAD. Ive got an unused set of 5 strings which I'll stick in the case if anyone wants to do this.

Steve
[/quote]

I don't think this would be possible for me unfortunately but I think for others it may be, even if just for a few songs and not necessarily a full set :)

Good night with the Purple Princess at Buttercross inn Chippenham . Baton used by Stu Harvey of SLEEPWALKERS and Dave Gray from Janey and the Dropouts. Another £40 raised. Off To Exeter next. [url="https://www.dropbox.com/sc/qtref9xv08pxc79/AAD4dtbSTxNdBUvic1MmBzfPa"]https://www.dropbox.com/sc/qtref9xv08pxc79/AAD4dtbSTxNdBUvic1MmBzfPa[/url]

Edited by sbrag

Great night with Steve and The Jefferson Archive guys. Really good band well worth checking out and lovely people too. Steve is now in possession of the baton let's see whee it ends up next. Pics at
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/dop4ssuzig74jz5/AAAygY27pkP7AnYlQ90Rewima

Edited by sbrag

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1416144365' post='2607274']
Really pleased with how all this has picked up again. Thank you all ever so much.

James
[/quote]

It looks like there's a few more people in the queue for it. South coast and Liverpool manchester way. If it needs a stop off in bristol on its way back North I'm happy to be involved again and know a couple of people who would use it but couldn't this time round.

Cheers
Steve

Edited by sbrag

• 2 weeks later...

Alright chaps and chap-esses? Ive got one awesome bass sitting in my dinning room here in sunny Teignmouth waiting to head off on its next journey, anyone fairly localish gigging in the next couple of weeks I can hand onto?
Raised £30.75 last time, lets keep this thing going! Please PM if you're available. cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

Slightly out of date now, but a bit of press for the relay in my works paper from when I had the bass back in October has just been published. A brief article but should go round a couple of thousand people and there ought to be a few more bass players across the sites.

I'll try and post a copy when I can.

• 3 weeks later...

When I dropped the baton off to Steve aka Skidder652003 I thought it would be nice if a few of the bands who have been involved in the relay could get together to for a charity gig to raise some more money for the fund. I have pm'd Jimryan who is happy especially if it is February to mark the 2nd anniversary of the relay.

I am happy to look into organising something and have pm'd a few people who have been involved, and emailed Cancer Research UK for any support they can provide, but I would love to hear from any bands, specifically those who have used the Purple one, who would like to play.

Details are light at the moments as it is very early stages, but sometime in Feb and hopefully in or within a commutable distance of Bristol.

Let me know if you would like to be involved, I know if 2 or 3 bands already but it would be great to get at least a couple more.

Cheers
Steve

[quote name='sbrag' timestamp='1420493822' post='2650060']
When I dropped the baton off to Steve aka Skidder652003 I thought it would be nice if a few of the bands who have been involved in the relay could get together to for a charity gig to raise some more money for the fund. I have pm'd Jimryan who is happy especially if it is February to mark the 2nd anniversary of the relay.

I am happy to look into organising something and have pm'd a few people who have been involved, and emailed Cancer Research UK for any support they can provide, but I would love to hear from any bands, specifically those who have used the Purple one, who would like to play.

Details are light at the moments as it is very early stages, but sometime in Feb and hopefully in or within a commutable distance of Bristol.

Let me know if you would like to be involved, I know if 2 or 3 bands already but it would be great to get at least a couple more.

Cheers
Steve
[/quote]

The idea is great and I'm sure my band would be willing to participate, but being based in Edinburgh makes it all a little complicated and expensive :(