Why become a member? ×

THE Bass Relay Thread

Jimryan

Does anyone Know how to share Google Earth files?

I can and will do a simple map trace like that in the first thread , but I was thinking I could do a google earth trace so that it could be followed in detail but I cant suss how to share the route on Earth or whether peeps would follow it at such detail , I could easily do the route and save as a picture and refresh that for each event .

Any prefs Jim / Bcers ?

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1359754456' post='1960024']
Does anyone Know how to share Google Earth files?

I can and will do a simple map trace like that in the first thread , but I was thinking I could do a google earth trace so that it could be followed in detail but I cant suss how to share the route on Earth or whether peeps would follow it at such detail , I could easily do the route and save as a picture and refresh that for each event .

Any prefs Jim / Bcers ?
[/quote]

Not sure buddy. The google earth things a cool idea. Where there's no set route, I really wouldn't know what to suggest

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1359758762' post='1960138']
Whoever contacts the press or other information services, please remember to give them our web, Facebook and Twitter addresses and to give us (Jellyfish and me) theirs, so that we can cross-reference, tag each other etc., and spread the word further.

Well done guys, good progress so far! :i-m_so_happy: :sun_bespectacled:
[/quote]

Nice one, with the Facebook and twitter links, are we talking the BC ones, or dedicated relay ones?

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1359754690' post='1960031']
Not sure buddy. The google earth things a cool idea. Where there's no set route, I really wouldn't know what to suggest
[/quote]

I wasn't thinking in terms of planning the route , more of reporting it pictorally , IYSWIM , I will give it some thought and have a play .

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1359794002' post='1960313']

I wasn't thinking in terms of planning the route , more of reporting it pictorally , IYSWIM , I will give it some thought and have a play .
[/quote]

I get ya. So kinda like using the little image tagging thing, tag it to the map location, and follow it that way kinda thing.

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1359793596' post='1960311']
Nice one, with the Facebook and twitter links, are we talking the BC ones, or dedicated relay ones?
[/quote]

I imagine it would simply be the URL (and possibly FB page and Twitter handle) of the paper(s) you're getting in touch with. Depending on how local or small they are, they may not have FB or Twitter at all.
If they do have a presence online, Jellyfish and I can mention their URL (etc.) in our posts/tweets, and link to their articles about the Bass Relay.

Edited by bluejay

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1359824404' post='1960834']
Good to hear that it is wired up and good to go :rolleyes:[size=4] [/size]
[/quote]

My soldering abilities are no where near as tidy as yours Francis, but its done now and good to go.

I'll make a tracking/gigs thread for it, but it'll be making it's debut on the 16th of Feb at The Jolly Sailor in Portsmouth.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been directed to this thread by a certain spanish/scottish friend of ours.

Could i suggest that people involved in the relay record themselves with the bass. So that would mean setting up with the bass, a few words about who/what/where/when and then gig footage. I would be happy to edit it all together in a montage sort of thing.

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1360669579' post='1974168']
I think if everyone records their gig, and then puts it onto a DVD (remember to label the DVD with name, date and gig) and send it over to me, I'll try and make it into something good to watch.
[/quote]

Great idea, would help with guinness world records too. If people cant get a full track recorded, I imagine lots of short mobile video clips could work and would be easier to mix together?

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1360669276' post='1974164']
If the BC Relay comes to the LBGS (which should happen, as James is organising his trip) I'll be happy to take photos and also videos, if we find somewhere that allows us to plug in and play the bass. [Keeping in mind that we won't be allowed to do anything more than play literally a few notes.]
[/quote]

Are there any local-ish members that could be willing to bring a wee practice amp along? or failing that, if any amplication firms are close to the BC stall that are willing to help. After all, it's for a good cause.

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1360677820' post='1974414']
Great idea, would help with guinness world records too. If people cant get a full track recorded, I imagine lots of short mobile video clips could work and would be easier to mix together?
[/quote]

Well, i've just talked to my cousin in portsmouth who i told to attend your gig! He said he could get some footage if he gets a camera. But i wouldn't count on that. If he gets some footage, it will only be another perspective from yours i think.

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1360677996' post='1974420']
I did also email Rotosound about the relay asking if they'd be willing to donate a few sets of strings, but it looks like my message has been ignored.
[/quote]

You could try D'Addario. They would probably offer up a few sets for some advertisement.