Why become a member? ×

Stingray 5 HH LE 06 - for trade

JD1

Hi

Looking for trades on my Stingray 5 HH. I traded this on here about 6 months ago and I've been mulling over whether it's a keeper or not. However, two gigs this weekend have made my mind up. Great rock and slap bass but for fingerstyle its just not my cup of tea.

Looking for 5 strings only. Maybe a Spector, Sandberg or Lakland but not limited to these. Also, probably looking at something with soapbars / humbuckers rather than a J type but again I'm open minded.

Its in great condition with a matching LE06 hard case and recently set up by Chris May at Overwater.

Ideally I'd have liked to keep it for rock gigs and look for a second bass with a different sound for functions etc. however I can't really justify the outlay. Therefore looking at a swap for something of the same value (or less with cash my way).

Thanks

John

Edited by JD1

[quote name='JD1' post='201585' date='May 18 2008, 04:08 PM']Thanks but not really. Not sure how the Bongo compares with the Ray for sound but I'm wanting to move away from the MusicMan sound.[/quote]
Think of a seedy motel, late at night. Its a hot summer night, the room is dead quiet except for quiet tappings and knockings of concerted effort from a heap under the bedcovers. There's a cracking sound, a scream of release as strings snap and the covers are thrown back to reveal a spent looking MM SR5 in bed with a sweaty, overweight Wal looking much worse for wear, collapsed on top of it. Both are trapped in a toilet seat together.

2 months later - the squeaky burp of a newborn baby Bongo.

just got my own somewhat special stingray 5, and it is a brilliant bass, and this seems like a lovely instrument, jelous of the case, although im not sure it would go with mine!

Hi Kev

Yes there would be a bit of a clash if we are talking about your avatar.

I don't even use the hard case as its too nice - I use a Hiscox. Ridiculous really.

It is lovely - if a little bit bling. I really like Stingrays. Had a few over the years although this is my first HH. A little bit tight space-wise between the neck and the neck pup for slapping at first but I got used to it.

HH (and I guess HS) pup configs are a great enhancement to what is already a great bass. Just wish they had stuck with an oval pick guard like the new Sterling 5 though.

I'm really happy with it for rock (espcially with a pick) and slap with both pups. Problem is just don't get the burp that I want when playing fingerstyle.