Why become a member? ×

Bass Clef Quiz

stingrayPete1977

Thats it even after a couple of years since I started to try and read properly (I am still very much a novice) I return to this tool just to sharpen up the note positions on the staff in my head, used to take me ages to get a decent score, this time I got wizard on my first go and all the others until the .89 came out of the bag, I never dropped even to master for one but it did take about 10 goes to get the great wizard though which is less than 1 second btw.

Have fun, next thing you know you are onto note durations then ties and slurs, triplets and 16th triplets and rests! :lol:

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1358098755' post='1933103']
Ooh this looks like fun, thanks for posting. Drummer rating here I come :D

EDIT. Bugger doesn't work on the iPad :( I'll have to fire up the big boy.
[/quote] Yes I just tried it on Tablet does not work as it needs flash player 7 :(
[quote name='muttley' timestamp='1358099158' post='1933113']
No matter how fast I click I can't get beyond Wizard level :(.
[/quote] Try and try again, you dont need to work or sleep or eat or any of that stuff just keep at it :lol:

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1358099474' post='1933126']
Yes I just tried it on Tablet does not work as it needs flash player 7 :(
Try and try again, you dont need to work or sleep or eat or any of that stuff just keep at it :lol:
[/quote]

I did a similar test a while ago for treble clef. My daughter (who was probably 11 at the time) totally wiped the floor with me. I've been reading treble clef since I was 10 and achieved grade 8 on violin so you could say I know my way around it. I guess I'll just never be that quick :unsure: .

[quote name='muttley' timestamp='1358104266' post='1933223']
I did a similar test a while ago for treble clef. My daughter (who was probably 11 at the time) totally wiped the floor with me. I've been reading treble clef since I was 10 and achieved grade 8 on violin so you could say I know my way around it. I guess I'll just never be that quick :unsure: .
[/quote]

I think the more you play music from scores the less you 'name' notes in your head as you read them - instead you remember how to play a note on the instrument from where the dot is on the score with little processing in between to think about what the name of the note is. When you see a 'D' you play a 'D' but you don't think 'oh, that's a D'... Sure, given a second or two you can name it, but because you don't often have to do that, you just don't do it as quickly as someone learning the names of notes.