Why become a member? ×

FS Fender Roadworn Jazz Sunburst inc extras ON HOLD!

warwickhunt

I recently got this in a trade and fantastic as it is, I can't justify having this and my Dingwall Super Jazz; as such I am putting BOTH up for sale and which ever sells first I'll keep the other!

The basics of the the 'Roadworn' series are easy enough to find online but essentially it is intended to be a homage to the early 60's Jazz bass and I have to say it does a cracking job. It is light, well balanced, resonant, the fingerboard is a nice piece of close grained rosewood, headstock colour/tuners (reverse turn)/bridge etc. all look the part (Mr J Public couldn't tell this from a pukka 'vintage' bass... but then he'd not know that it was a bass as opposed to a guitar).

This particular bass comes with Wizard [s]Thumper[/s] Hammer pups fitted; I have no idea if they are better/different/worse than the stock pups, as they came fitted to the bass but to my ears they sound superb (original pups are supplied if you want to return to stock or to sell on). It'll also come with a spare black pickguard, in case you want to deviate from the standard Roadworn look and it will include a Badass bridge which many consider to be an appropriate upgrade to the stock bridge... again I've not fitted it but you have the option to swap it out or to sell the Badass (several folks on here currently looking to buy Badass bridges). It'll come supplied with a Fender gigbag.

I don't 'think' that there's any trades I'd be interested in but you never know you can try me but ensure your trade has been accurately weighed and comes in under 9lb! ;)

£700 inc' spare (original) pups, scratchplate and Badass.

Edited by warwickhunt

Thanks for the offer Jeeks but based on past/recent sales on BC it has to be worth more than that I think. Of course you could buy it @ £700 and sell the extras; I know for a fact that there are at least two people actively looking for a Badass which has to be worth £40-£60 and then the pups are worth £30-£40 (possibly more) I'd have thought!

Quick update: I've been offered £60 for the Badass and £50 for the Wizard 'Hammers'. Now the Badass isn't fitted to the bass so that is an easy sale but if someone wants to buy the Jazz as is and do the deal for the parts they are potentially going to get the Jazz for £590! At this point this has to be one of the cheapest RW Jazzes being sold on here.

;)