Why become a member? ×

Strat/Tele/335/LP etc characteristics

Truckstop

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1360167541' post='1966031']

And here she is, while briefly wearing a set of Dimarzio humbuckers. They were nice too....
[/quote]

Is that an AC30 in the background? Christ, sitting it on top of a bookcase - that's brave!

[quote name='Dr M' timestamp='1360242560' post='1967211']
Is that an AC30 in the background? Christ, sitting it on top of a bookcase - that's brave!
[/quote]

Nope, it's a V15 (look them up, the amp that killed Vox's reputation) and an old kitchen cabinet thing that is stronger than a bookcase. :)
Equally, the V15 can be lifted with one hand (it's a 2x10) and is fairly indestructible.

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1360248263' post='1967340']
Nope, it's a V15 (look them up, the amp that killed Vox's reputation) and an old kitchen cabinet thing that is stronger than a bookcase. :)
Equally, the V15 can be lifted with one hand (it's a 2x10) and is fairly indestructible.
[/quote]

Ah, I'd not heard of the V15.

"Unfortunately, as the circuits were in development for the V15, someone at Vox forgot what makes a Vox sound like a Vox."

(http://www.voxshowroom.com/uk/amp/v15.html)

Oh dear! :D

I was looking at V15s a couple of years ago when I was in search of an amp (as I saw one going cheap), but ended up building myself something instead. I always wondered if they might sound more Vox-ish if the negative feedback was reduced or removed, which would be a very simple mod that could even be made adjustable.

• 2 years later...