Why become a member? ×

Late 80's Stingray and Sabre with Status Graphite neck *ALL SOLD*

Beedster

[quote name='RWijchers' timestamp='1358453379' post='1939602']
Hi,

did I see correctly on the pics that the Stingray's original neck actually has fretlines on the side ? Also, would you be willing to ship it within Europe ?

regards,
Ronald
[/quote]

Hi Ronald, yes it has, the neck is quite a nice balance between the aesthetic of unlined and the functionality of lines! Happy to post to Norway.

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1358454703' post='1939634']
Happy to post to Norway.
[/quote]

Hmmm.. that would still leave it very far away from me, I'm afraid ;) Anyway, do you have any experience (price-wise) with shipping to europe ?

I noticed the little 'chip' that is missing from the fretless neck. Any thoughts on that, does it influence the playing att all ?

thanks,
Ronald

[quote name='RWijchers' timestamp='1358456183' post='1939675']
Hmmm.. that would still leave it very far away from me, I'm afraid ;) Anyway, do you have any experience (price-wise) with shipping to europe ?

I noticed the little 'chip' that is missing from the fretless neck. Any thoughts on that, does it influence the playing att all ?

thanks,
Ronald
[/quote]

Yes, very happy to post to Europe and yes, done it before a few times. No, the chip no impact on playing. It's a 25 year old bass that has been played a lot and shows the signs, but it still plays very well. For the money it's worth every penny

Chris

EDIT just realised that you wanted an indication of price Ronald. To Sweden most likely around £30-40 depending on how quickly you wanted it and the level of insurance you can live with. I'd recommend spending a little more, thereby getting it to you more quickly (i.e., less time in courier depts) and with more confidence in compensation if there were a problem

Edited by Beedster

Update on these, I've several offers on the table and am waiting for a few people to get back to me, and am also sending some info to some folks when I get home later today. Looks like the 'ray and the three necks (two wooden fretless and one Status fretted) are accounted for at this stage. The Sabre with fretless Status neck is still for sale though, which is odd as I thought it would fly out. I'll get back to various people later today with various bits of info re the 'ray and the necks.

Chris

Stingray and unlined fretless neck now sold.

What's left are the Sabre plus both Status necks. The fretted neck is likely spoken for, I'd trade the Sabre and unlined fretless Status neck for a nice '62 RI Precision.......?

[quote name='roonjuice' timestamp='1358946197' post='1947411']
Dear lord! Sorry for the late reply. That white ray really REALLY gets my motor running, if only it were HH or HS (for reasons un-stated...) This would have been a much differant, and earlier message.....
[/quote]

Ha ha, well it's on its way to Sweden I'm afraid. Stingrays are rather special though aren't they :)

[quote name='johnbiffa' timestamp='1359367022' post='1953476']
You will like the J200 !

You mentioned in a previous post some stings may be available....any info?

I presume you have been snowed in recently !!!!!

John
[/quote]

Yes and yes John! I'll list the strings this evening, I think you will find one set to your liking (I also have to post you some Ric bits IIRC!)
[quote name='basslondon' timestamp='1359369938' post='1953528']

pm'd
[/quote]

Hi mate, sale only on this I'm afraid, I need the cash (well Paypal) to avoid having to use money from my bank account, which always ends in tears (the married amongst you will know what I mean)!

[quote name='mihaikolla' timestamp='1359374519' post='1953636']
I might be interested by the fretted Status neck alone - in case someone is mainly looking after the Sabre with the fretless configuration only.
Just sayin' :)
[/quote]

Sorry if it's not clear,m everything in this thread is now sold with the exception of the Sabre with fretless neck.

Just to clarify, no, the price is not negotiable, it's £600 for a seriously classy bass FFS! Therefore please do not PM me with cash offers, trades or asking me to part it out. £600, final. If you think it's too expensive, with my sincere best wishes, please go and buy a similar quality instrument for less somewhere else :rolleyes:

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1359396295' post='1954140']
Is the Mars Bar all original Clarky?
[/quote]
Has a Badass? Suddenly you are interested ....

But seriously (folks, said with Groucho Marx moustache and cigar) this is ridiculously good value and Chris is a great guy to do biz with. As 2,437 BC'ers know :D

Oh man... I can't tell you how much I want this back...... Just sold my Fenderbird today too..... Sadly I would be hung drawn and quartered by MrsK if I did buy it back..

Seriously good bass at a seriously good price people... help yourselves.. :)