Why become a member? ×

**** Status S2 Classic **** Now SOLD ****

wal4string

[size=4]A Status S2 Classic 4 string headless [color=#008080][size=5]2008[/size][/color] model, two small knocks on edge of body other than that like new. With Hiscox/Status case.[/size]The colour is a one off. Pix don't do her justice.
alder body...metallic blue finish....chrome hardware...19mm string spacing.... board 302....

There's not much that hasn't been written about an S2 and this is no exception to the rule.

Not long bought bass and then got offered a residency, I will need a V string for the gig and I can't see me using the 4 string for at least 12 months, hence the reason for the sale.

Plays and sounds exactly like my V string (except no B string). A huge palette of sounds from the pickups.
Not at all a one trick pony, yes you can get to sound like Mark King, but there are so many more tones available here. I do slap, but only for fun so never need the Mark King tone.
I am mainly required to play swing,jazz, R&B, Pop etc A Status is the only bass I have ever owned which will do all this, and also be soooo easy to play.

[u][b]Technical Stuff.[/b][/u]

Graphite bolt on neck.

Monorail bridge.

[size=4][font=Arial]The 18v active circuit on the S2 is able to provide a huge range of tones.[/font]

[font=Arial]Master volume and pickup blend are standard, as on all Status basses, with the addition of both bass and treble, cut/boost plus a variable frequency midrange.[/font]

[font=Arial]This midrange control works in conjunction with the 3-position switch :[/font]

[font=Arial]In the centre position the midrange is 'flat'[/font]
[font=Arial]With the switch down the midrange is boosted[/font]
[font=Arial]With the switch up the midrange is cut[/font]

[font=Arial]The central tone pot alters the frequency, somewhat like a parametric, between 300Hz and 3KHz with a fixed boost and cut of approximately 6dB.[/font][/size]

I am looking for [s]£1200.00[/s] [b][size=5]Price Drop £1100.00[/size][/b]

[b][u]Note[/u][/b]: Was originally looking to trade, but have now decided to go for a neck replacement. Waiting to hear from Rob if this can be done.
Nobody either read post or was simply not interested. So I have decided to sell the 4 string as I really need a V string. This is why I am asked about the Stingray plus why there is a couple of images of my S2 Classic. Maybe should have started a new thread?

Edited by wal4string

[quote name='docksboy' timestamp='1358186857' post='1934533']
[size=5][b]Wow! [/b][/size]
You do have some really nice [b][color=#006400]basses[/color][/b]. :gas:
If you descide to sell the S2 I would be [b][color=#0000FF][i]really[/i][/color][/b] interested. Love that colour.
[/quote]
Thank you docksboy (does that mean your from Tiger Bay?)
You are not the first to show an interest in buying the S2.

I will leave the post active for a few more days and then offer the S2 for sale.
I intend to send the Classic V to Rob for a few alterations which means I shall have to hold on to the Stingray otherwise I will be without an instrument, when Rob returns my bass I will then offer the Stingray for sale.

[b]Note: [/b]A few may have noticed I have changed my Avatar. Had problems trying to get BC to except a new one so ended up with a Gravatar. This morning I discovered that if you register your email with them you can then
choose your new avatar from you PC. This is all done through the Gravatar option when you try to change your profile image.

Edited by wal4string

That's correct Tiger Bay, born and bred. Are you? Maybe I know you?
Just had a tax bill this morning, so cash a bit tight at the moment. If bass still available at the end of the month I can buy it then. I can even pop through to Newport with the cash and collect the beauty

[quote name='docksboy' timestamp='1358350621' post='1937540']
That's correct Tiger Bay, born and bred. Are you? Maybe I know you?
Just had a tax bill this morning, so cash a bit tight at the moment. If bass still available at the end of the month I can buy it then. I can even pop through to Newport with the cash and collect the beauty
[/quote]

I am the youngest of five, my 3 sisters and brother were all born down the bay, but sadly not me.

Just to be clear my asking price of £1200.00 is open to offers, I am more than happy to [i][b]haggle[/b][/i].

Edited by wal4string

[quote name='deanbean502' timestamp='1358456436' post='1939685']
Wow havent you just got this off mojobass? Some of those are my pictures!!!

Just to add this was mine to once upon a time :)

Note i think its a 2008 model not 1998
[/quote]

Cheers for pointing out the my error in the date of manufacture, I knew it was 2008 but for some unknown reason I typed 1998 and failed to spot this.

Thought the following maybe of interest. Until I owned a headless Status I had no idea how to tune or change strings.
Here we see Mark King doing both on his Kingbass (about 1:40 into the clip), Not the same bass as mine but tuning and restringing is identical as it uses the same system on both.
It is also possible to use single ball end strings but I never bother, as you can see the double ball end strings are really quick and easy to change.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-7pQJN9v58[/media]

Edited by wal4string

Well done mate,

I played this beauty last Thursday and if you want a good looking (subjective I know), light, easy to play bass with bags of sustain and great tonal possibilities - this is the one.

Think I'll be contacting Rob Green soon.......