Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Fender MIJ 88/89 Jazz Bass V -Pricedrop!- £500

Schwartz

Hello all, got this in a trade little over 2 months ago, very much love it, the tone is sublime, it's 5 string style is easy to pick up even for a 4 string player. (I am one) :)

But due to it's age, condition and my inability to look after instruments, due to an exuberant style and unwillingness to put on a scratchplate to counter act this. I'm going to put this up for anyone who will value it more than I can.

* Fender Hotrod Pickups
* 2 band active pre amp
* Standard toploader bridge
* Great string spacing, 4 string players will grasp easy
* Great for all styles
* Rosewood Neck
* 21 Frets
* Mint condition
* Soft case

Serial: H003325

Photo's here
[url="http://s1289.beta.photobucket.com/user/Schwartzbass/library/Fender%20Jazz%20Bass"]http://s1289.beta.ph...r%20Jazz%20Bass[/url]

I can only ship it to the UK I'm afraid, as my bills have piled up, or drop off if the distance isn't Scotland.

I'm after around £500ono, or a trade for anything less vintage. (String wise doesn't matter)

Edited by Schwartz

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1357852522' post='1929644']
this is a very cool Fender 5.. i take it there is a preamp in this..?
[/quote]

You are correct, the controls are
Volume,
Pick up control,
Low End,
High End.

Thank you deanovw for adding those to the site for me. :)

Edited by Schwartz

Lovely looking 5 string...!!! The neck and headstock colour is fantastic...
There are a few questions I have, can you let me know the string spacing at the bridge and the nut width. Would you also be able to send me a picture of the preamp inside the bass?

Thanks in advance,

T :)

• 2 weeks later...

Singer's uploading some footage from our recent show at The Brook in Southampton once he's edited all the shots, don't expect it to be classy, other than that I don't have any current soundbites.
It has some subtle growl to it due to the 2band pre amp, But it is a fine sounding instrument that punches well above it's weight, I've read countless forums in which people say they prefer the Japanese crafted models to the American in terms of sound and play ability.

- Weight wise it is similar to an Ibanez SR500, it was made in Japan and tailored in there mindsets on how instruments should be.

- Nut width and string spacing, I'll get an exact measurement. I never really considered myself a 5 string player in the years I played, but I found this to be an great way to ween into it.

- Pre amp shot, I'll get a photo when I get back from work tonight.

- Also would consider Part Exing towards a Warwick if anyone wants to make an offer. But anything is considered.

Edited by Schwartz