Why become a member? ×

Ear protector slip

lushuk

[quote name='lushuk' timestamp='1357446795' post='1922781']
I thought my band was crazy loud tonight, only to find my ear protector must have slowly slipped a little loose, I know have the humming from he'll in one ear oops! Maybe I need some better ones.
[/quote]

You band is too loud.
It`s not big or clever to be louder than anyone else,just makes it impossible to play properly and makes you sound like sh*te out front.
I know I`m coming across like an old w***er, but seriously, if playing a gig gives you immediate hearing problems, you are doing something badly wrong.
Have a word with your band or go deaf.
You decide.
;)

[quote name='Spoombung' timestamp='1357547349' post='1924140']

Out of interest what kind do you use?
[/quote]

I got some zagg ear buds that my gf bought me for Christmas a while back. Once they are in I am literally dead to the world !! LOL

headphones well just a decent pair of Sony or something nothing special or crazy expensive. It's just to take some of the piercing high end away from the ears.

[quote name='Monckyman' timestamp='1357556804' post='1924283']

You band is too loud.
It`s not big or clever to be louder than anyone else,just makes it impossible to play properly and makes you sound like sh*te out front.
I know I`m coming across like an old w***er, but seriously, if playing a gig gives you immediate hearing problems, you are doing something badly wrong.
Have a word with your band or go deaf.
You decide.
;)
[/quote]

true dat. Sorry.

[quote name='Monckyman' timestamp='1357556804' post='1924283']
Your band is too loud. It's not big or clever to be louder than anyone else, just makes it impossible to play properly and makes you sound like sh*te out front. I know I'm coming across like an old w***er, but seriously, if playing a gig gives you immediate hearing problems, you are doing something badly wrong. Have a word with your band or go deaf. You decide.[/quote]

This. Even at a large venue you don't need to be loud on stage, let the PA do the work. And with modern gear you don't need to turn up to 11 to get your sound - you can easily give the impression of being OTT without deafening your audience.
[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='lushuk' timestamp='1357511801' post='1923933']
generic, 1st time id worn them on stage, not used to the sound yet, I thought it was getting louder but dint realise it had come loose, bummer
[/quote]
generic earplugs are next to useless IMO. No two ear canals are the same and the only adequate solution are custom made plugs. I use ACS and they are excellent and get over any concerns regarding the loudness or otherwise of the band