Why become a member? ×

Help identifying a vintage cabinet (MusicSon)

incubass

Has anyone seen one of these before? I came across this cabinet in a second-hand store, and the owner is asking only 80€ for it. I'm going to try it next monday, but I'd like to know if this is something of value, since I'm not interested in having something this big at home if it's not useful.

I does look very nice and vintage, but I've never seen anything like it before.

Also, how does a double bass cabinet sound using an electric bass?

Thanks a lot :)

Musicson were all the rage when I was playing in Spain back in the 70s. (happy days). Everyone wanted Marshall back then but with the import duties in place at the time a good 4x12 was beyond most working musicians.
Musicsons were OK but not great. I doubt seriously if it will handle your Mesa at anything other than low volume.
Nice vintage cab though and has brought back a few good memories.

I did some research and I sent an email to the MusicSon company, no replies though. There's really little information about this cab. Tomorrow I'll take my Orange Bass Terror and I'll try it, I don't know if it even works. Honestly, I think I'm not going to bring it home... If it's not a very good cabinet, there really isn't much use I'm going to give to it, and even with a low price such as 80€, I don't think it's worth it.
I'm saying this without trying it, maybe tomorrow I'll change my mind ;)

Thanks a lot for the enlightenment, pikeman :)

• 2 weeks later...