Why become a member? ×

PASS IT ON - XS All Areas, the Status Quo Autobiography

Happy Jack

Warts'n'all account of the rise, fall & rise again of the boys in denim. Contains rather more info about sex & drugs than about rock'n'roll, but still a pretty good read and this particular copy is well-timed for the re-union tour of 2013.

This one originated with The Admiral who passed it on to me last week.

Hardback, published 2004, 383 pages, very good condition.

• 3 weeks later...

I now have the book, and I'm slowly working my way through it, not because it's heavy going - it's actually well written and entertaining - but because I've been and am quite busy. I may take a while finishing it, but I'll get in touch when I'm done, and send it over to you if you're still interested.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

wouldn't mind, how does it work? do you PM your address to the next person on the list?
Trouble with a lot these rock bios is they concentrate too much on the drugs and sex and not enough on the songs and band relationships. Just read Rod Stewart's and at the end I just thought what a twat.
edit, a very lucky twat

Edited by PaulWarning

It's easy. Anyone who wants to read it posts their name in the thread.

Then, when the person who has it has finished it, they post in the thread.

The next person on the list sends a PM with their name and address.

The book is sent to them free of charge, on the understanding that when it's their turn to pass it on, they pay the postage.

[quote name='Jacqueslemac' timestamp='1388756515' post='2325649']
It's easy. Anyone who wants to read it posts their name in the thread.

Then, when the person who has it has finished it, they post in the thread.

The next person on the list sends a PM with their name and address.

The book is sent to them free of charge, on the understanding that when it's their turn to pass it on, they pay the postage.
[/quote]
OK got it, can I go after Joeyfivebags please?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1390908608' post='2351047'] One thing that slightly disappoints is that none of the other readers are offering any review or comment. What do you all think guys? [/quote]
as someone else said, bit too much drugs and sex really, but I suppose if they left that out, it would be a short book, they certainly sold out in the 90's, in fact they've never been the same band since Alan Lancaster left, even on the the albums since Heavy Traffic where they've got back on track, they don't rock in the same way they did before, it left Rossi and Parfitt to turn them into a parody of themselves, just for the money really, sad.