Why become a member? ×

Outsider looking in...

bassmayhem

Hello All!

Even if this originally is a forum for UK bass players I hope you won't throw me out.
I am a Swedish "more than semi pro player" who has been arround the bass collective since the end of the 70´s.
Even if my ordinary job is another job, I do quite a lot of sessions and gigs in different settings and styles. I do everything but top 40 stuff, no wedding gigs and such. More or less concert gigs with a sitting, sober and listening audience. It is nicer that way...

Mostly I play fretless through a Bose L1 Model 2 system with two subs, a somewhat unorthodox rig, but a slipped disc and the great projection makes it my premier choice. I use different preamps instead of the Bose mixer that I also have, mostly a Boss GT-10B of practical reasons. It sounds good with fretted basses, EUB and ABG too. For louder rock gigs, though, I am conventional and use the old kinda muscle stuff...

Why surf over the Channel to chat? Well, why not? We have a lot to learn from each other, charing experiences and stories, good ones, true or nearly true. Anyway, here I am!

Edited by bassmayhem

Hej Roger,

Välkommen till BC! Hoppas du gillar detta här sajtet. ... denna här sajten?
Or something similar.

Welcome, and enjoy the banter. We're already red-eared from the anticipation of learning from you, especially the noob that is me.

c-ya,
bert