Why become a member? ×

Bass Lady Says Hi!

Bass Lady

Hello and a very Happy New Year to all. :rolleyes:

Just a quick hello from a Bass Lady (lady in the loosest of terms) from Wales. New to the forum but not new to bass playing. Having played upright bass in a previous life I am now a classroom music teacher with a passion for all things bass.......... electric, acoustic, upright, sideways, inflatable.........

Not actually sure if I have been a member here before but had a great time reading a few posts so thought I would join in the fun.

Cheers from sunny (ha ha!) Wales xx

Hey Bass Lady,

Welcome!
Also, you'll find heaps of other Welsh bass ladies welcoming you shortly. Well, maybe just two, but still. That is, if they indeed take their deckchairs inside and find their way back online.

As a BC noob myself, I can recognise the notion that BC indeed is a nice place to be.

[quote name='Bass Lady' timestamp='1357054596' post='1916838']
Not actually sure if I have been a member here before
[/quote]

How cool is that.
Also, you must have been flabbergasted that the "Bass Lady" name wasn't taken yet. That, or you know the perfect explanation for why that would be ... ;)

Anyway, enjoy the site and its banter. Don't forget to sell stuff way too cheaply here. Also, work on your GAS. Practise every day and it [b]will[/b] develop.

best,
bert

Thank You gents for the very warm welcome.

Bert, I shall looking forward to meeting other Welsh bass ladies or indeed Welsh bass gents or indeed anyone who is around :rolleyes:

I was indeed flabbergasted that Bass Lady was available which did lead me to presume I indeed have not been a member here before but then again, who can say..... :ph34r:

One Welsh bass lady signing on as requested :P

Haven't had my deck chair out today, but have cycled around the Swansea bay coastline in the sunshine :D

Welcome to the forum Bass Lady :D

They are a friendly bunch around here, and more than welcoming to us low note aficionados from the fairer sex ;)

[quote name='Bass Lady' timestamp='1357066876' post='1917096']
Hello there SpaceChick, hope you had a good ride. I hope you weren't too alarmed at that big, bright thing in the sky. Apparently it is called the sun, it is a good thing! B)

Are you electric or acoustic or a hybrid like myself?
[/quote]

I'm an electric girl me :D

Still a beginner, but play in a classic rock band :P

Where in Wales are you?

Big bright thing in the sky was a shocker today :lol:

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1357070336' post='1917174']
The women are taking over! :o
[/quote]

Don't you come complaining [i]now[/i], lad.
I told you this at The Derby Stakes, remember? Back in '13 or so. Before The War, 'f course.
But no, you wouldn't listen. "Bu', it's only fair they get to vote", was you.
Well, I voted for Anmer back then, and I vote for Anmer now.
You stand corrected, son!

Yours, faithfully,
Sir Bertram

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1357089198' post='1917476']
Don't you come complaining [i]now[/i], lad.
I told you this at The Derby Stakes, remember? Back in '13 or so. Before The War, 'f course.
But no, you wouldn't listen. "Bu', it's only fair they get to vote", was you.
Well, I voted for Anmer back then, and I vote for Anmer now.
You stand corrected, son!

Yours, faithfully,
Sir Bertram
[/quote]

But I thought it was the same situation as letting your toddler play with your car keys. You know, it keeps them happy but you don't very well expect them to actually get behind the wheel and go all Grand Theft Auto on you do you?

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1357098120' post='1917494']
But I thought it was the same situation as letting your toddler play with your car keys. You know, it keeps them happy but you don't very well expect them to actually get behind the wheel and go all Grand Theft Auto on you do you?
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: