Why become a member? ×

Aurora coloured strings

TheGreek

I was looking for a set of coloured strings for my GB Spitfire recently - eventually went for a set of DR Neon Orange - but not after having a good look at a set of Aurora strings - $29.99 (£18.60) for a 4 string set - but the P&P put me off - $9.99 - (about £6.25) .

Price is comparable with DR strings advertised on eBay but they are a bit of an unknown...anybody tried them??

[url="http://stringsbyaurora.com/our-strings/bass-strings"]http://stringsbyauro...gs/bass-strings[/url]

Edited by TheGreek

• 2 months later...

[quote name='mervg' timestamp='1362950141' post='2006712']
Ordered a blue set so will post findings. Been using DR Neon and very happy with those so will have direct feedback , when the arrive
[/quote]

Please do, I've used neons and black beauties and find the DR coating a bit weird. I kept getting friction burns from them.

• 2 months later...

Well the Aurora's been on for a few gigs now and have to say I think I prefer the DR Neon. The colour is great but its already starting to wear at the (finger) plucking end and that is sooner than the DR. The colour wear is not dreadful but is noticeable.I have done 5 gigs and two rehearsals with them which is why i noticed what i think is early wear.

I went for the pale blue string which does look good although, obviously, does not pop as much as DR NEON. I did get stung for customs duty on them and therefore has to pay another £12 on them so it also made them a bit more expensive.

As to feel, they are good, smooth and very playable. I like the string although the tone is different to DR Neon, which if pushed I'd say I prefer. For me they feel a little less 'alive'. If only DR did theirs in blue I would pick them every time.