Why become a member? ×

FS. 2012 Chestnut Fodera Imperial 5 Elite PRICE DROP

Bass'ncats

Hi,

Very reluctant to offer this exquisite Fodera for sale but expenses in other areas of life have led me to explore if there is any serious interest out there....if you are serious about owning a rare and top shelf custom Fodera for a substantial savings and without a wait..here is your chance!

-34 scale
-Premium figured FULL Chestnut top ( the last really nice figured full top from Fodera- you cant get this anymore)
-Ash wings
-Alder tone block
-3 piece maple neck, 24 large frets
-BRAZILIAN board
-Seymour Duncan Dual coils in custom chestnut covers
- 70s position
-Latest up to date Pope pre ( Matt Garrison layout)
-Choice of either black, or gold hardware
-Slightly narrower neck width in the higher register- great for soloing and chording. Very slight but does make a nice difference.
-Mint Fodera case.

This bass has a great fundamental tone with lots of warmth that is supportive but with a really nice percussive edge overall that still cuts through (from the wood combo). The ash/alder and Brazilian mix is a great balance of tones....incredably versatile ..with the Brazilian providing the warmth without losing any definition or sweet high- end.

The bass is mint and has only been used in the studio. Here is a link to the Fodera feature in the Newborn section:

[url="http://www.fodera.com/Main/NewBornDetails.aspx?FeaturedItemID=344"]http://www.fodera.co...turedItemID=344[/url]

The list price on this bass is $14,450 US ( with options and top), the price on this bass is $[color=#ff0000]11,000[/color] CAN ( Canadian dollars) which is a substantial savings over a new build and you can have it now.
Includes shipping anywhere in the world Canada Post.

No trades. Please email for any questions.
Thanks for looking!

Edited by Bass'ncats

Hi Alan, thanks...I dont have a video but its a killer tone machine for sure. The review on the Fodera site in the Newborn section also describes it further.

The action is super low...probebly lower than most as this is my preference. Plays wonderfully with the action like that. Fodera is one of the only manufacturers that can accomodate this for me. Of course, if you raise the action its no problem either.

If you need to see a pic of the action you can email me at

[email protected]

I'll send you one.

[quote name='Alanbass' timestamp='1356633316' post='1911878']
What a stunning bass. Is it possible to see photos of the bass as it is now with one of the fingerboard to get a better idea of the action on the bass. Do you have any video available? Thanks. Alan
[/quote]

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1356907209' post='1915103']
I can vouch for Mitch as a top guy with fabulous taste in instruments - I've bought basses from him twice and both were superb!
[/quote]

Thanks Barrie. This one is on another level.....

Hope all is well and I'll get to England soon..I miss it!

Edited by Bass'ncats

Bump.....open to reasonable offers. Remember this bass has a full Chestnut top and Brazilian rosewood. Even decent figured Chestnut is gone for non full tops....let alone full tops like this one. Brazilian will probebly not be ordered again by Fodera according to Jason due partly to cost...so between these two wood specs alone the instrument is a long- term standout and not a typical Fodera. The upgrades were more than worth it for now and down the road, plus this price already reflects a large savings from the retail cost of those upgrades.

Anyone for a for a cash offer no trades?