Why become a member? ×

YOB Song?

bigthumb

I was playing along to Elton Johns 'Goodbye yellow brick road' (as you do) and really enjoying it. I noticed it was from 1973.

So Dose any body have a favourite play along song from their year of birth?

The Sweet and 'Blockbuster' were at No.1 when I popped out, maybe I should learn my birth day song too!

[quote name='Tuono' timestamp='1356038366' post='1906194']
I think I would need a double bass, don't think they had invented the bass guitar in 1958!
[/quote]

They had - and done it so well it's yet to be improved on (mm, controversial :P )

Connie Francis was rocking our parents' worlds with something called 'Carolina Moon' when you and I first played air bass.

Although 'Can't Buy Me Love' was No1 when I was born the one my mum associates with me & YOB is a No1 from later in the year that she used to sing along with to me when it came on the radio - 'Baby Love' by the Supremes. Fortunately I was too young to be embarassed and presumably it was Jamerson on bass so I'll let her off.

Edited by KevB

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1356085451' post='1906543']

Nice! do you get a fuzzy feeling when you see pointy guitars? I must get some Megadeth back in my life :)
[/quote]

Ellefson is by far my biggest influence.

As for pointy guitars, I want one of these :