Why become a member? ×

Zoom b2 multi , any good ?

gub

I like mine, I don't use the modelling much, it's mainly for the stuff like choruis, flanger, autowah and to change the eq between fingers & pick, all of which it does fine for me.

I considered replacing it with the b9.1ut before coming to the conclusion that it's just too big, it's another big piece of gear to carry that for my use won't really make much difference in sound, whereas the b2 fits in a backpack along with my cables, tools, etc.

[quote name='MrTaff' timestamp='1355913960' post='1904255']
I like mine, I don't use the modelling much, it's mainly for the stuff like choruis, flanger, autowah and to change the eq between fingers & pick, all of which it does fine for me.

I considered replacing it with the b9.1ut before coming to the conclusion that it's just too big, it's another big piece of gear to carry that for my use won't really make much difference in sound, whereas the b2 fits in a backpack along with my cables, tools, etc.
[/quote]

I use mine in pretty much the same fashion. I use it mostly with different eq settings with different banks for both fretted and fretless. I never have to touch the amp (set flat ) except for the initial tweek depending on the room. I very rarely use effects but I have a few set to different banks. The tuner is a nice bonus but really the pedal is just a very good pre-amp for my use with enough variation in tones to suit me.

[quote name='gub' timestamp='1355914775' post='1904274']
Thing is mr zed I can pick one up for £40 and only really want the effects like chorus , Oct, compressor and also the tuner , don't want the size or of the b9 and like things to be simple !
[/quote]

Fair enough Gub. Didn't want you to miss out on the B9.1 if you weren't aware of it as it seems like really good value. However things should be bought because they are needed/wanted rather than because 'it is a bit of a bargain'. Good look with your search.

[quote name='mr zed' timestamp='1355915756' post='1904301']

Fair enough Gub. Didn't want you to miss out on the B9.1 if you weren't aware of it as it seems like really good value. However things should be bought because they are needed/wanted rather than because 'it is a bit of a bargain'. Good look with your search.
[/quote]
Cheers for the advice , I do appreciate it and there's no doubt that deal is a bargain ! :)