Why become a member? ×

bass player wanted for gigging bluesfunkrock band

Mark Percy

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1357583204' post='1924880']
I certainly don't agree with [i]all [/i]he's saying by any means, but the police [i]do[/i] kill without fear of prosecution (Ian Tomlinson, Mark Duggan and many others) and we [i]have [/i]invoked a 'super heavy control society' (DNA database, Draft Communications Data Bill and many other anti-privacy policies). So it's not [i]all [/i]drug-induced paranoia. :)
[color=#ffffff].[/color]
[/quote]
Super heavy control certainly sounds very much like Mr Percy's bag concerning the underlings in his band.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1357583204' post='1924880']
I certainly don't agree with [i]all [/i]he's saying by any means, but the police [i]do[/i] kill without fear of prosecution (Ian Tomlinson, Mark Duggan and many others) and we [i]have [/i]invoked a 'super heavy control society' (DNA database, Draft Communications Data Bill and many other anti-privacy policies). So it's not [i]all [/i]drug-induced paranoia. :)
[color=#ffffff].[/color]
[/quote]

Fair comment..........

still a bit 'odd' though........I mean, isn't 'it' meant to be about 'the music'?!.......or is that too simple.........

[quote name='simonc61' timestamp='1357638096' post='1925602']It just gets better and better - [url="http://markpercy.co.uk/musician_attacked.htm"]http://markpercy.co....an_attacked.htm[/url]

This guy appears to have some seriously bad Karma going on![/quote]

I was going to take this gig but now I'm concerned that I will fall victim to black propaganda.

Sorry Mark, the illuminati have ruined your chances of finding a bass player too.

Seriously WTF!?!

Ok the ad tickled me. However, only an svt or something to stand up against a 4x12? When building my 1x15 cab, I had to test it, so I took the "head" out of a 10w Ibanez practice amp to see if it all worked. It did, and loudly. So until I got my TC head, that's how I ran it. It drowned out guitarists with 4x12s no problem and now that I've my little BH250 running it, it's insanely loud.

What tickled me in the "attacked" website link was the "mark was wrongfully targeted by an insane dictator" seriously? That cannot be genuine, can it? My mistake if so. Maybe he was unaware he was an extra in the making of "the dictator" film or something.

And this, just noticed this:

22. Wrongfully misquoted on the Internet, when Mark Percy was computer illiterate and Internet unaware for years, and subjected to these abuses unawares.

"When Mark Percy WAS computer literate". WAS

[quote name='simonc61' timestamp='1357638096' post='1925602']
It just gets better and better - [url="http://markpercy.co.uk/musician_attacked.htm"]http://markpercy.co....an_attacked.htm[/url]

This guy appears to have some seriously bad Karma going on!
[/quote]That is scary. Is the op actually M.P or has his bc account been hacked?
Another condition of the position should be -MUST WEAR BODY ARMOUR WHEN PLAYING GIGS WITH ME!

[quote name='Master blaster' timestamp='1357673986' post='1926552']
This has to be the mark percy quote of the day, "The van also had complete survival equipment, military rations, camping equipment, survival equipment in case of catastrophe. This van had brand new tyres made by Continental. It may have been stolen to order".
[/quote]

I beg to differ - I think this is my favourite quote: "I became more impressed with his serious practice regime at the keyboards, and his continuing advancement as a keyboardist, and a writer, and lyricist, and also as a guitarist, capable of the most phenomenal chord stretches, producing astounding voicings, and emotions in his guitar playing, beyond what normal guitarists can do. Michael Corby, is vastly intelligent, and an enormously capable musical, military and political strategist, and an astounding planner and architect of projects and occurrences.Upon his explanations, it dawned on me the vastness of his planning and designs, and profound thinking, from his early formative years, stretching all the way through his career. I began to take his recommendations seriously."

Found this gem in an informative page about how he came to change his name - http://www.markpercy.co.uk/history.htm

[quote name='simonc61' timestamp='1357726432' post='1927178']
Michael Corby, is vastly intelligent, and an enormously capable musical, [b]military [/b]and political strategist, and an astounding planner and architect of projects and occurrences.Upon his explanations, it dawned on me the vastness of his planning and designs, and profound thinking, from his early formative years, stretching all the way through his career. I began to take his recommendations seriously."
[/quote]
So that's where John Waite wemt wrong, losing his key military strategist all those years ago...!

[quote name='lettsguitars' timestamp='1357674055' post='1926556']
Yep proper mental this. IBTL!
[/quote]
[quote name='lonestar' timestamp='1357855143' post='1929709']
I'm going to stop adding to this thread now as the more I've read on his site I'm starting to find it all a little mad and sad.
[/quote]

I'm sorry to spoil the 'fun', but some of the comments on this thread are verging on cyber bullying IMHO.
Joking aside, from the guy's website, it's fairly obvious that he's got some 'issues'.
Would it be just as acceptable to take the piss out of someone posting an ad on here, if they had any other illness? :huh:

Edited by nick