Why become a member? ×

bass player wanted for gigging bluesfunkrock band

Mark Percy

[quote name='Mickeyboro' timestamp='1355996944' post='1905369']
His website is an absolute hoot...
[/quote]

And contains a ludicrous political rant on, of all pages, his list of gear.

Running down the side of his guitar pictures is a long rant about the EU, immigration in general, immigrants taking jobs and houses from UK citizens, how being part of of EU has emptied churches (!) and crippled the NHS, how the police are facist bully boys who kill without fear of prosecution, voting conservative, labour or lib/dem means we have all invoked a 'super heavy control society', some anti-communist rubbish, conspiracy theory stuff, the ruin of our children by teaching them about sex and homosexuality, racist comments about Poles, Nigerians and Filipinos, how Britain is being 'abolished' and on and on and on.

These sound like the ramblings of a seriously deranged mind to me. . .

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1356091073' post='1906650']
...immigration in general, immigrants taking jobs and houses from UK citizens, how being part of of EU has emptied churches (!) and crippled the NHS, how the police are facist bully boys who kill without fear of prosecution, voting conservative, labour or lib/dem means we have all invoked a 'super heavy control society'...[/quote]

Sounds about right to me. :P

Running down the side of his guitar pictures is a long rant about the EU, immigration in general, immigrants taking jobs and houses from UK citizens, how being part of of EU has emptied churches (!) and crippled the NHS, how the police are facist bully boys who kill without fear of prosecution, voting conservative, labour or lib/dem means we have all invoked a 'super heavy control society', some anti-communist rubbish, conspiracy theory stuff, the ruin of our children by teaching them about sex and homosexuality, racist comments about Poles, Nigerians and Filipinos, how Britain is being 'abolished' and on and on and on.

[/quote]

Just you wait, mate, just you wait!

When Britain finally capsizes under the weight of illegal immigrants and the fascist police are machine-gunning the survivors on the instructions of Satan's Spawn EU Comisars, who'll be laughing then, eh? Well? Eh?

Oh alright officer, I'll come quietly, but society's to blame.

Buggrit buggrit, millennium hand and shrimp ...

Well, on the face of the Ad above, I'd do it... have to see what would actually pan out in rehearsal...and the fact that I don't want to schelp around the home counties but if all the ad says is don't waste the time, then that seems an ok pitch to start with..

But the other links would be good for browse thru as well.

What have I missed...??

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1356093867' post='1906708']
Forgot to add - the rant seems to kick off from a reference to pre-decimal currency.

He seems pretty opposed to decimal currency as well so, if anyone has the rig for the gig, they may want to check if they are being paid in old ten bob notes or not :)
[/quote]
well who can blame him! The controversy of decimal currency makes the Holocaust seem trivial! ;)

Well i'm glad that I'm not worthy enough to stand in the prescence of such awsomeness. Especially as I only have a Markbass 2"x 10" and I'm partly of foreign extraction and an immigrant Father.
I find myself revisiting his site from time to time and still not convinced that it's for real and not all a spoof. [i](insert conspracy theory here you other free thinkers. Ed).[/i]

[/quote]

Acid was really flowing back in the good old days......clearly.

[quote name='bassintheface' timestamp='1357576281' post='1924742']
Acid was really flowing back in the good old days... clearly.[/quote]

I certainly don't agree with [i]all [/i]he's saying by any means, but the police [i]do[/i] kill without fear of prosecution (Ian Tomlinson, Mark Duggan and many others) and we [i]have [/i]invoked a 'super heavy control society' (DNA database, Draft Communications Data Bill and many other anti-privacy policies). So it's not [i]all [/i]drug-induced paranoia. :)
[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by discreet