Why become a member? ×

Fav song to play ????

RejectFly

[quote name='lowdowner' timestamp='1355591171' post='1900331']

Sounds good - can you point me in the direction of a Dear Prudence tab online? :)
[/quote]

Here you go!

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/beatles/dear_prudence_ver2_btab.htm

I've made some adaptations for the band, as we start the track just bass and vocals, so I start on the A string D, then C, then b flat then B, but once the other instruments come in, I go up to the 7th fret on the G string.

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1355592008' post='1900349']
Here you go!

[url="http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/beatles/dear_prudence_ver2_btab.htm"]http://tabs.ultimate...e_ver2_btab.htm[/url]

I've made some adaptations for the band, as we start the track just bass and vocals, so I start on the A string D, then C, then b flat then B, but once the other instruments come in, I go up to the 7th fret on the G string.
[/quote]

You see - that's why I love this site! :)

thanks!

I love playing "Heard if through the grapevine" but my current band doesn't do it. I'm really looking forward to playing the John Mayer Trio's version of "I Got a Woman" which we've rehearsed a couple of times and will be adding to the set - simple in many ways, but the timing has to be really spot on.

[quote name='Japhet' timestamp='1355662553' post='1901017']
Don't play it anymore (cos we don't have a female singer!) but I always loved playing You Oughtta Know by alanis Morisette. I heard somewhere that Flea and Chad Smith were on it but don't know if that's true.
[/quote]

Love this, play it most gigs, don't really follow the Flea lines much, tend to jam my own lines round them. Also love Superstition, dead simple but such a lovely groove. My lot won't do it but another band I've depped with does so I look forward to the next opportunity.

[quote name='flyfisher' timestamp='1355573386' post='1900051']
No mention of Mustang Sally then ?
[/quote]

Yes. Not sure if I have a fave song to play but it would be up there.

It's right at the end of our set - which means I have that great feeling of another gig done without any of us dropping dead and a pint waiting for me. We have folk - usually young , curvy , types of folk in short skirts (and , hopefully , with a 'Daddy' complex) ! - on stage with us as backing singers - place is gong nuts , as it always does when we play Mustang Sally ....... what's not to enjoy about that.

[quote name='ScreencastTutor' timestamp='1355766886' post='1902477']
Right now... probably Good Times by Chic.

If I could play them 100% it would be:

Parliament - Give Up The Funk
The Allman Brothers - Jessica
[b]Brothers Johnson - Get The Funk Outta My Face[/b]
[/quote]

We used to do a thrash funk version of that!

I've just bought a new guitar effects processor (a Boss GT-100) and I've found myself playing loads of new wave / new romantic songs such as Duran Duran's "Hungry Like The Wolf" and even the Sisters of Mercy's "Some Kind Of Stranger" purely because some of the GT-100's ridiculously over-the-top presets match the equally ridiculously over-the-top guitar processing on these tracks (you've gotta love the 80's!). No doubt, if I'd bought an Oberheim OBX synth I'd be playing Van Halen's "Jump" all night. Great fun!

Edited by darkandrew

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1355663462' post='1901034']
Yes. Not sure if I have a fave song to play but it would be up there.

It's right at the end of our set - which means I have that great feeling of another gig done without any of us dropping dead and a pint waiting for me. We have folk - usually young , curvy , types of folk in short skirts (and , hopefully , with a 'Daddy' complex) ! - on stage with us as backing singers - place is gong nuts , as it always does when we play Mustang Sally ....... what's not to enjoy about that.
[/quote]

+1