Why become a member? ×

Need your help guys.

Jimryan

So,

I was sat in the pub the other night and got a phone call.

Am I free New Year's Eve? Yeah, why? We need you to play a gig for us, don't worry, it's paid and accommodation will be provided. Awesome, I was sold at the "play a gig part" the extras are a bonus.

Thus my wish to gig before this year is through has been answered. Plus my new rig and new bass will have their first official outing :-D

I need to learn 50ish songs in 2 weeks. No biggy, most I can do, learn or already know. There is one on my list I'm struggling with. I always learn by ear with no problems, though this bassline normally phases me and I cannot find a decent tab to save my life.

So,

Can any help me with a transcription of Al Green's let's stay together? If I've got this infront of me I'll learn it in minutes, but by ear will take up time learning the rest.

If anyone can help many thanks, if said help is from someone that will be in petersfield on NYE, I'll get you a pint.

Many thanks,

James

This is a classic busking song.... but some gtrs have some strange ideas about the changes so I would get the key nailed down and also write out a chart ... and if this track is the sticking point, get the gtr to send over his chords.
It will not matter if he can't write it down properly, it will be easy enough to x-ref your version with what he is going to play.
Do the same if the keys leads this...

I jammed this at a party the other day and the gtr/leader had some strange ideas..and made it a complete mare..

Edited by JTUK