Why become a member? ×

Matamp 2x12 800w in Orange Tolex 4 ohm

jembullo

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The cab is a [color=red]matamp[/color] 2x12 with ceramic Eminence Delta 12A drivers in matching orange colour made to the exact same width as the Orange head. Also comes with a Roqsolid cover.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The drivers are mounted on the rear of the baffle via a removable panel to the back of the cab. The cab is not ported in anyway, so behaves in a similar manner to a sealed cab, punchy as hell with a valve amp. Few scuffs here and there but in over all good condition. 800 watts and 4 ohms , with a speakon connector.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]55cm wide x 36cm deep x 70cm high[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For those of you that haven't caught up to metric units, that is 21.5" wide x 14.2" deep X 27.5" high.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Weighs around 35kg / 77lbs[/font][/

The Matamp Cab now has a white with black Matamp badge on it, which I bought from Matamp and added centrally on the speaker cloth.

The head is now gone but the picture gives you an idea if you are matching it up with an Orange head.

Cheers
Jem

Edited by jembullo

[quote name='v8bass' timestamp='1355331631' post='1897079']
Sounds like an utter bargain right there ...

Would you include a pic of the Matamp cab just so i have GAS over the festive season please ?

GLWTS

Gary
v8
[/quote]
Your wish is granted! Looks even nicer with the white Matamp badge in place.

• 2 weeks later...

Could be up for a Split : - Head = £800 Obc115 = £225 Matamp = £300
I have a potential taker for the Obc115 already, so would like to shift the head as a priority.

Edited by jembullo

• 1 month later...

Hi Tim, sorry I somehow managed to delete that info from the description, I have added it back in, FYI 800w 4ohm, speakon connection.

The cab sounds really great, not as much low end as a 115, and is much more articulate that my orange obc410. The Orange head can be very dark lots of low mids, but the matamp makes it very tight and has a great punch, not sure if that's the drivers or the non ported nature of the cab. Still plenty of lows and it's definitely a vintage vibe to the sound if that's what you like.
I am not so good at describing the sounds, I probably have a lot of clips of it on my little zoom recorder which might do a better job.