Why become a member? ×

warwick strings ?

ahpook

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='ahpook' post='206920' date='May 26 2008, 11:00 PM']ahhh well, i ordered a set of reds to try them out.[/quote]

Worth a shot mate.
I used to use them when I had a Warwick, brand loyalty and all that :)
They wheren't bad at all for the money, but there are better strings out there, but you need to spend a little more cash to get 'em.

Hope they work out for you mate,
Eude

Same here. When I used Warwicks as my main basses, always used Red Labels, and they lasted longer than I expected. And I used to get them for about £7 a set on eBay.

When I started using my Fender Jazz, and now Lakland as my main basses, Elites are better for them.

Try 'em out is all I can say. Each to their own. If they float your boat, and you're happy, then all's well. If you don't like 'em, you've not lost £40 on a set.

well, i restrung the sabre with the warwicks and i'm impressed so far - nice under the fingers and with a bit more give in them than the elites (if that's a real thing i don't know, but it's they way they feel).

we'll have to see how they perform over time, but this may have opened the way to trying other makes of strings.

just don't tell the elites i'm two-timing them !

[quote name='silddx' post='213886' date='Jun 6 2008, 02:47 PM']I just tried the Yellows and I am also very impressed. Felt nice in rehearsal too, got a bit sweaty and they still sound new.[/quote]

Having tried Reds, Yellows and EMPs, I have to say that I favour Yellow labels.
Not tried the Blacks yet.
EMPs weren't a patch on Elixirs for tone or durablility. On a Warwick bass, too.

Caution.
Warwick 34" sets can come up a bit on the short side if used on string-thru-body instruments. You end up with silks or tapering going on "south of the nut", as it were!!

I don´t like the Warwick Strings at all. The Red Ones are worst Strings I´ve ever played. Really Rough with cheap Feel. The Yellow, are Nickels like any other Nickelstring. Nothing more, nothing less. If you want a really good, affordable and lasting Roundwound String, try the GHS Supersteels. They are absolutely identical to the Lakland Strings, so Dan Larkin from Lakland told me. They only put the Lakland Label into the Package.

• 3 months later...

[quote name='ziggydolphinboy' post='283922' date='Sep 14 2008, 09:49 PM']used black label for ages they are nice man,
just had two asses set up by the gallery and they put la bella strings on both ther are nice.[/quote]

I'm sort of hopeing you mean 'basses set up' - ooo-err missus ;-)

but yes - I had a couple of basses - a Hohner B2a 4 string and an Aria MAB5 5 string set up by Bass Gallery in Camden and they put on La Bellas which sound pretty good.
I left it up to them and was surprised they went as light as ( I think) 0.128 on the low B but it seems to work ok if I don't hit it too hard.
5 String not really my thing so comments welcome.