Why become a member? ×

Useless Bassist Required in Leeds

GuySlay

What you need is a BAss player who lives in Bramley (close to the Abbey pub) that has a daft sense of humour, does not take himself too seriously & is basically a bit crap........

Hmmmm oh hang on thats me !

I may be interested mate If you are still looking

Hi Fumps,
sorry for the dealy in responding - its been a while since I last checked in what with Christmas and all. Yes we're still looking for a bassist if you're still interested. We practice at Purple Pro Audio on Broad Lane, and tend to pop into the Acorn after for a cheeky vimto. Next rehearsal on the 2nd (when we'll be rusty as well as crap) and the Tuesdays thereafter. Let me know if this is of any use. ...[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
BTW .....i was more concerned about the goat worrying than the mountain biking

I'd be interested, played bass in a not very good punk band in my teens, then put the bass up for 25 years. As part of my mid life crisis I bought an Ibanez acoustic bass this September just gone, since then I've acquired a Peavey Cirrius, laney RB3 and got an Allen Woody Rumblekat on the way and our lass is absolutely fuming. Getting out on a Tueseday night seems like an ideal escape from her indoors, oh she's ginger so doubly dangerous. I live in Woodlesford, so I'm about 20 minutes down the ring road.

[quote name='GuySlay' timestamp='1356973000' post='1915890']
Hi Fumps,
sorry for the dealy in responding - its been a while since I last checked in what with Christmas and all. Yes we're still looking for a bassist if you're still interested. We practice at Purple Pro Audio on Broad Lane, and tend to pop into the Acorn after for a cheeky vimto. Next rehearsal on the 2nd (when we'll be rusty as well as crap) and the Tuesdays thereafter. Let me know if this is of any use. ...[email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
BTW .....i was more concerned about the goat worrying than the mountain biking
[/quote]
Hi mate cheers for getting back to me, will e-mail you later on today

By the way I live almost next door to the Acorn pub so i know where you are now

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1357120181' post='1917598']
Hi mate cheers for getting back to me, will e-mail you later on today

By the way I live almost next door to the Acorn pub so i know where you are now
[/quote]

Oh I do hope this turns out well. It has that 'meant to be' cloud of fluffiness wrapped all around it. Much like the goat. Far too much fabric conditioner in that last wash Fumps.

[quote name='Cyrene' timestamp='1354475235' post='1886422']
That's the most appealing ad i've ever read. If i wasn't a tad too far away (geographically, not proficiency), i'd be up for it.
[/quote]
I wouldn't worry about being too far away. With an AD like this,not being able to turn up to rehearsals would be a bonus! I'm thinking of it - I live in the midlands and am pretty useless!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Best and funniest thread I've read in ages guys. Totally refreshing to hear such honesty instead of the usual 'expert comments' from the many 'done it all, know it all, can play it all' boring tosspots that infest musician's forums worldwide. When you've finally rehearsed enough to inflict yourselves on the general public, do please advertise your first gig. It would be well worth the trip up from the South East to see and hear you play. You've obviously got real talent, even if it is for comedy and not music.

[color=#FF0000]' I am playing all the right notes...... just not necessarily in the right order! '[/color] - Eric Morecambe B)

• 3 weeks later...

We've now had several enjoyable months under Fump's stewardship, and whisper it quietly but we might have actually improved!!!! (slightly). Unfortunately Fumps has now had to duck/ chicken/ bird of your choice out due to other commitments (or maybe he's just being committed?).

So once again we're on the hunt for an (almost) completely useless basis.
We prize sense of humour above talent (well we have to) but as has been said elsewhere we are [i]trying[/i] to be a band, and we're looking forward to the day when we're qualified enough to have musical differences!
And if you need a reference Fumps of this parish can attest to what a bunch of talentless tossers we truly are!

[quote name='GuySlay' timestamp='1369297403' post='2087349']
We've now had several enjoyable months under Fump's stewardship, and whisper it quietly but we might have actually improved!!!! (slightly). Unfortunately Fumps has now had to duck/ chicken/ bird of your choice out due to other commitments (or maybe he's just being committed?).

So once again we're on the hunt for an (almost) completely useless basis.
We prize sense of humour above talent (well we have to) but as has been said elsewhere we are [i]trying[/i] to be a band, and we're looking forward to the day when we're qualified enough to have musical differences!
And if you need a reference Fumps of this parish can attest to what a bunch of talentless tossers we truly are!
[/quote]
GuySlay's post as usual is a but unfair on himself lol.

I can vouch for these guys personally, they are top blokes & will make a great band once up to speed.
Its just a shame I cannot continue with them due to time restraints more than not wanting to.

I'm happy to help out if I can with anything a budding bass player may need if they are interested in giving these guys a go.

Dave I wish you and all guys the best of luck finding the right guy.

[quote name='GuySlay' timestamp='1369301232' post='2087403']
Thanks Fumps,
You've left very big shoes to fill- its those clown feet!!

I think you might be overstating it somewhat that one day we'll be a "great" band: we merely aspire to being "distinctly average"!
[/quote]
Lol bless you mate.

You guys have it in you just keep working at it.

Now we have to just find the right bassist for you.....come on guys!!!
Roll up roll up peeps !!!
Come & get it....they are almost house trained (well, nearly)

• 2 months later...

you still looking?
had such a giggle reading through this, I'll put an ad up for you at the Old Chapel studios where I work (just south of the river, LS11 9PR)

and if you want a free rehearsal on me, it's yours, just call 0113 2465173 ask for Mark

cheered up my Tuesday morning :)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='mark_ir' timestamp='1376988948' post='2181777']
you still looking?
had such a giggle reading through this, I'll put an ad up for you at the Old Chapel studios where I work (just south of the river, LS11 9PR)

and if you want a free rehearsal on me, it's yours, just call 0113 2465173 ask for Mark

cheered up my Tuesday morning :)
[/quote]
You sir are a proper gent, you just have to be careful, they are partial to a bit of dress wearing lol