Why become a member? ×

Useless Bassist Required in Leeds

GuySlay

We are all in our mid Forties and consist of a rhythm guitarist with no rhythm, a drummer with no drums, and an occasional vocalist with no discernable talent. We are looking for a like-minded bassist (i.e hopeless) who wants to get together on a (mostly) weekly basis and give some good tunes the treatment they don't deserve.

We're slowly getting better (yeah right) and hope one day to be gigging!!??

This may suit someone who played in their youth, and now dreams of those glory days, whilst their beloved Fender crumbles to rust; or someone who fairly recently had a mid -life crisis and took up the bass as an excuse to squeeze into a pair of leather trews.
So if you're rusty, dusty or just plain crusty; if you're laid back with a good sense of humour and willing to suspend all expectations then give us a shout.

[email protected]

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1354534452' post='1886980']
Great ad, but if you want a terrible bass player you'd be better off advertising on a guitarist forum.
[/quote]

Are you implying that any of the "not so good" bassists on here are too modest to admit their abilities? :ph34r:

Thanks very much for all the positive support! We've posted similar ads elsewhere only for some acomplished bassists to turn up, thinking we were being ironic- we soon put them straight!
We remain convinced that somewhere near Leeds there is bassist who's fed up with playing with themselves in their own bedroom and thinks it might be more fun playing with others.

Alas, Leeds is a bit far for me. Shame, I'd love to oblige.
I propose the following : You call me on my cell and you mic' your phone to the PA or a guitar amp.
I will sing the bass lines over the phone, something like this:
dong, dong , doooong, dong dong doonnng, do-dong (in A, in E, possibly in G, but no other key)

Hi Simon, it's more a case of what we can play, rather than what we like ; )
Having said that there's a definite eighties influence and we're working on stuff by Queen, Inxs, New Order, the Cult, Crowded House, Stranglers, U2, and Amy Winehouse ( something for the kids).
We're pretty happy having a crack at anything - but we just can't guarentee the results!

[quote name='GuySlay' timestamp='1354565903' post='1887522']
Thanks very much for all the positive support! We've posted similar ads elsewhere only for some acomplished bassists to turn up, thinking we were being ironic- we soon put them straight!
We remain convinced that somewhere near Leeds there is bassist who's fed up with [b]playing with themselves in their own bedroom [/b]and thinks it might be more fun playing with others.
[/quote]

You definitely need a failed guitarist...!