Why become a member? ×

Beedster's wall of shame

Beedster

Late last year, Chris bought some acoustic panels from me for his studio and we finally met up last night at Clackett Lane services on the M25 to conclude the deal.

We first did a Basschat deal together back in 2007 when we traded basses, and since then I think I've dealt with Chris half a dozen times..

On each occasion, it's been an absolute pleasure because Chris is just a great Basschatter and a completely cool person to deal with and to know!

Highly, highly recommended!

Thanks Chris, and here's to the next one mate... 😀

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It seems unbelievable to me with all the gear we've both bought and sold on the forum that Chris and I haven't dealt with each other until now, but it was worth the wait!

I recently took delivery of his Mesa Boogie Buster head, concluding a sale that began in late October whilst I was away on tour.

Chris couldn't have been more accommodating- happy to wait until I'd returned back home to the UK and was able to meet him in person to collect the amp. When work commitments at his end meant a change of plan, he instead made sure that the goods were packed extremely securely and flightcased, and shipped the lot to me (which couldn't have been cheap- the parcel weighed as much as the van it arrived in!) at his own expense... what a gentleman! His communication was great throughout too, as you'd expect.

Furthermore, when the goods arrived and it became apparent that a switch wasn't functioning, he didn't hesitate to make good on the situation and immediately offered to cover the cost of a replacement for the offending part... a much appreciated gesture.

Ten pages of positive feedback can't be wrong, but it's my pleasure to add my own thoughts to these and reconfirm what a credit Chris is to the BC community.

Thankyou mate!

Etienne

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My first deal with the legendary Beedster, and it went as smoothly as everyone else's has! Sadly, the bridge I bought from him (and he posted to me) doesn't quite fit my Sire, which is entirely MY fault, not his, as it was exactly as he described.

Note to self - measure things properly next time! :D

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Purchased an Ashdown stool from Chris item arrived safely and on the day indicated prior to me receiving the unit. He even included a suggestion for getting it by Mrs Naxos (a secret never to be told).

Top man, thanks Chris.

Edited by naxos10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just bought Chris's Fernandes bass, somewhat complicated by the fact that it's a rare piece and we live several hundred miles away from each other and then further complicated by both our attentions being diverted by Coronavirus!

Packaging by Chris was brilliant, had some banter about life, the universe and everything. Top bloke!

Cheers

Rod

• 2 months later...

Fastest deal ever. Just sold Chris a P Retro - it was posted up here, bought, and posted out within 3-4 hours, I think. Easy communication throughout and Chris was a gent. You need have no worries when dealing with Chris!

• 4 weeks later...

Had the pleasure of spending a socially distanced couple of hours with Chris yesterday and it was an absolute pleasure! As always happens on these occasions, I'm still buzzing about the conversation we had ! 

I've never heard or seen Chris play the bass in all the time I've known him, and I suspect he's pretty damn good at it! But one think I can be absolutely sure of is that Chris is a born educator.

In amongst his love of music, his expertise about the tools of making music and his all round top blokeness, there's also this amazing wisdom and knowledge about so many things that happy to share... 

Such as his story about the Scorsese film 'The Last Waltz', which I'm about to check out today after Chris told me about Neil Young's performance of 'Helpless' in it...

Btw;  Chris, as I said, KD Lang has been covering that song and others from NY's back catalogue for years.. Check out her album 'Hymns from the 49th Parallel'. 

And thanks for all the other pearls of wisdom and golden nuggets of info too - my head's still exploding from what you said about neural pathways and homeostasis!! 😳 Absolute light bulb moments.  💡😁

Ooh, and lest I forget - what can I say about the V12 that hasn't already been said other than that it's freakin' awesome!! Thanks for selling it to me, it's beyond my expectations already.😊

For anyone on here who's not yet had the pleasure of dealing with Chris on something bass-related, all I can say is that you'll really appreciate it when (and if) you do as he is a bit of a Basschat legend  for very, very good reasons! 👍

Thanks again mate, and here's to the next time! 😊

Nik