Why become a member? ×

Beedster's wall of shame

Beedster

Just received a bass from Chris.
Packing, well, it was so good it actually looked like it had been delivered from the factory!
Chris put a hard case in, with no extra charge, just to ensure it arrived safely.

Simply put, superb product, service and bloke. Deal with utmost confidence, top drawer geezer!
Many thanks for making it so easy Chris,
all the best,
Karl.

• 3 weeks later...

I was pleasantly surprised by the MB AC101 Combo, all the gubbins I needed for the new band fretless project, then the band evaporated (the way they do). As this was only a couple of days after I received delivery I tentatively asked Chris would he consider a reversal. My flabber was gasted, when he, without hesitation, said no probs. A seamless untransaction by a great guy who was under absolutely no obligation to accede to my wishes.

Never mind the extra mile, this was an extra marathon. Many thanks Chris, I owe you one.

Brian

• 1 month later...

This too was my second deal with Chris, only this time I was buying.

Faultless deal, all very smooth, and with the peace of mind that I could return the bass if it didn't suit me.
Well, it does, so it's staying!
Thanks again Chris :)

• 2 weeks later...

I Purchased an All-Parts rosewood J-Bass neck from Chris (Beedster).

I had placed an advert on the WANTED section and he was kind enough to offer me a lovely neck (that fits incredibly well on my bista Squier body) for a really good price.

Great communication, photographs and details from Chris during the process.

The neck was packed extremely well and seemed like it was delivered from the manufacturer directly!

I will certainly deal with Chris again in the future.

Byron.

Edited by Byo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another stress-free enjoyable deal with Chris. I bought his Fender tele-bass, which is currently being renovated.

Top man - great comms, great price, great to do business with. Simple as that, really.

Look forward to our next deal, Chris B)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the long-winded feedback, but this needs to be said...

I first met Chris back in the early Basschat days; we traded a couple of basses, sold some gear to each other and met up a few times at the now infamous Clackett Lane services on the M25... Have also bumped into Chris at a couple of the Bass Bashes over the years, including the one-off National Bash back in 2008 up in Northampton.

Every time I met up with Chris, it was an absolute pleasure - he really is someone who's passionate about music, electric bass & DB playing and he knows his stuff when it comes to all of that too! Plus the various bits of gear have all been good...

So, just recently, I bought Chris's Ampeg rig from him - which is absolutely wonderful sounding by the way :) - but with his hectic schedule and mine, it just wasn't looking like we could get together for a few more weeks...not that that was a problem particularly.

Anyway, I got an unexpected message Wednesday morning from Chris asking if I could meet up that evening, which I didn't think I could do as I had friends/family down for the day from London as it's half-term, and getting away for 2-3 hours to meet at Clackett Lane just wasn't going to be possible.

But it turned out that Chris was going to be heading to Portsmouth, so he offered to meet me in Littlehampton or thereabouts so I could finally get hold of the rig he'd sold me.

Finally, about 6pm, we met up at the local A27 services and had a fantastic, albeit brief, chat about a bunch of stuff, which included Chris giving me a 5 minute pep talk and mini-lesson about DB playing - which I'm thinking of taking up. Then, he gave me the Ampeg head & cab and we both headed off back to our respective homes... mine 10 minutes away, Chris's more like 90-120 minutes away.

All of that is pretty cool in my book; someone going out of their way to deliver some fantastic gear to you is just typical of the kind of person that Chris is, and why this Forum really is the best way to buy/sell bass gear.

But what's so amazing is that Chris did all of that Wednesday even though the reason he was travelling to Portsmouth in the first place, was to see a close family member who'd suddenly been taken quite seriously ill!

So, there you have it - isn't that just incredible??

I just can't express how grateful I am for Chris's generosity of spirit when he was having such a personally difficult time, and I wanted to thank him personally here on Basschat and to share this story because it really is the best possible feedback I think I could give him.

Thanks Chris ! Am absolutely great to see you and I'm loving the rig already.

Here's to the next time... :)

Chris bought my 2 Aguilar DB112 cabs in a really easy transaction.

He messaged me quite quickly and we did the deal.
He paid really quickly and arranged for his courier to collect (due to us being about 5 hours or more drive away from each other).

I packaged the cabs up and labelled them for him etc for them to be collected from my workplace.

We've spoken a few times on the phone and he's a really good guy.

Am more than happy to deal with Chris again - buy and sell with confidence guys and gals.

• 3 weeks later...

A belated one from a deal in late summer!

Chris bought a Wal off me, at a meet up in a Suffolk beer garden - he was on his way to a wedding, I was aimlessly enjoying the sunshine and the beer ;)
I'd bought the same Wal off him last year; at least the third time we've bought stuff back off eachother (think our wives are getting suspicious......).
I should mention that the deal was a kind of three-way one that helped me to acquire something I particularly wanted and couldn't otherwise do; it involved Chris taking the biggest personal financial risk I have ever known anyone make, and he did so without a murmur.

As many have said in these pages; Chris is a genuine legend and diamond geezer in these parts - particularly enjoyed silverfoxniks story above! :)

Edited by Shaggy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've done a couple of trades/sell of some PJB gear with Chris. Top guy, I mean it, and I'll say it again; TOP GUY. He invited me in his house, I had the pleasure to meet his thoroughly adorable family, and everyone made me feel so very welcome.

If he's ever selling anything, even if I don't need it, I'll be considering buying it, just for the experience; as he's as cool as they come. Trade with complete confidence, it doesn't get any better than this folks.

• 3 weeks later...

Well after years of chatting and admiration of some of his gear - Chris and I had a dealing with one another.

Paid instantly once the deal was agreed, great comms throughout and was cool as a cucumber when the bass didn't arrive on the agreed day.

I wasn't sure I wanted to sell the bass, I'm glad I did as it freed up some funds and I know it's gone to someone who will love it.

Thanks Chris - it's been a pleasure.

• 2 weeks later...