Why become a member? ×

Tanglewood Odyssey 12 String Electro Acoustic Guitar

Tanglewood Odyssey 12 String Electro Acoustic

Artec preamp in it with bass/mid/treble/volume and a battery check button. Since buying it, I fitted an external battery box which makes changing the battery a breeze (the original fitting was inside the bowl which meant you had to loosen the strings to change the battery)

It is a slim plastic bowl back which, unlike Ovations et al, sits really well and doesn't tend to want to slip off your lap.

The acoustic sound is lovely and crispy clear, but because of the slimness of the body not too well endowed in the low end. Plugged in it is the same but with more control from the preamp (obviously) where the low end can be brought in.

I gigged it twice in the two odd years I've had it - I bought it for a recording project and we got a couple of gigs off the back of the demo CD, and it sounded really wonderful through a PA.

Currently strung with EB Phosphor Bronze light gauge strings.

I don't believe there are any scratches on it and for an 8ish year old instrument it's in very good condition.

The reason for selling is because I am planning to upgrade, looking at a Simon and Patrick or similar.

Soft case is included and yours for £100. Because there's no hard case I'd rather not ship, but can meet in or near Taunton or in the London area during the week.

Will post pictures at the weekend.