Why become a member? ×

That Bugera/Behringer 300w All-Valve SVT clone - BVV3000 for £435...

ben604

I've just bought one off eBay from music group Europe advertised at £410. Factory refurbished sold as new with 3 year warranty. I was dubious like everyone else but I thought at the price I'd give it a go. Actually I made a best offer and got it cheaper. I guess it's been bought before and gone back for repair but it looks like new. Bought on Sunday, arrived yesterday (weds) and I've had it running all afternoon going back periodically after leaving it on standby to check it out. Absolutely no problems so far and it sounds awesome. Haven't had this much fun since having a V4 and 2x15 in the '80's. I'm running it into 2 8ohm cabs as the speaker outputs are selectable 2 or 4 ohms. Glad I pressed the button on this one because if it turns ok it's the bargain of the century. But I'll keep you posted. I'm gonna look for a 4 ohm 4x10 cab so I can use it more practically rather than humping 2 cabs around. Can't wait for a big gig to really crank it up.

[quote name='paddybass' timestamp='1506586177' post='3379672']
I've just bought one off eBay from music group Europe advertised at £410. Factory refurbished sold as new with 3 year warranty. I was dubious like everyone else but I thought at the price I'd give it a go. Actually I made a best offer and got it cheaper. I guess it's been bought before and gone back for repair but it looks like new. Bought on Sunday, arrived yesterday (weds) and I've had it running all afternoon going back periodically after leaving it on standby to check it out. Absolutely no problems so far and it sounds awesome. Haven't had this much fun since having a V4 and 2x15 in the '80's. I'm running it into 2 8ohm cabs as the speaker outputs are selectable 2 or 4 ohms. Glad I pressed the button on this one because if it turns ok it's the bargain of the century. But I'll keep you posted. I'm gonna look for a 4 ohm 4x10 cab so I can use it more practically rather than humping 2 cabs around. Can't wait for a big gig to really crank it up.
[/quote]

I've been watching that on eBay, toying with the idea of going for a full blown, all valve head.
Looks like you've saved me from explaining to Mrs Painy why I now have an amp that weighs a tonne after I justified spending (in her eyes) a small fortune by changing to lighter weight gear less than a couple of years ago. :D

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Now after I have had the Bugera BVV 3000 four years and eight months of heavy giging, the first two tubes have been reported fail by the Infinium-Circuit. The lights for tube Nr. 1 and 3 are on, which does mean that they run out of specs and have to be replaced.

I ordered two Sovtek 6550 WE, and will replace the failed ones as soon as possible. As I found a source with tubes on an absolute reasonable price, the other four tubes will be replaced during the next 1 or 2 weeks, as the shop ran out of this model of 6550. They'll ship the other four tubes as soon as they have them in stock again.

As the Infinium circuit is able to handle different tubes, I am fine with throwing in two new tubes to the old ones, as they advertised that you only have to change the tubes that are reported. Lets see if this takes influence on the tone, quite curious about that.

I will post again when I have replaced the first two tubes, and again, when all tubes are replaced.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

Hello, I have the same problem with the infinium circuit : The lights for tube Nr. 1 and 3 are on, so I have invert the tube 1 and 3 with the 5 and 6. When I switched on the ampli, the lights for tube Nr. 1 and 3 are still on...(and light for the others tubes off)

I had one of these for a short while many many moons ago. Seems ok to me , sounded great and very loud, sturdy robust construction. I moved it on as I wasn’t confident of their longevity or long term serviceability ( or would a tech even touch it) I reckon it’s worth about £250-300 ish second hand.